• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1920-D LINCOLN GTG GRADE REVEALED

15 posts in this topic

THANKS. It is an NGC 65 bn There is a heavy contact mark on the bridge of lincolns nose which I suspect keeps this out of 66bn. The luster is nicer than the pic and the strike is wonderful for the typically mushy 20-d.

20d-2-1.jpg

Beautifull coin great strike and should get a 67BN even with the sm nick in the obv field, the only questionable issue is the color. I'm guessing that the coin is much more blue than brown which might get bagged for questionable color

Beautifull coin great strike and should get a 67BN even with the sm nick in the obv field, the only questionable issue is the color. I'm guessing that the coin is much more blue than brown which might get bagged for questionable color

Actually it has only slight hints of blue. It is mostly brown and already holdered. I will post the grade tomorrow or sunday.

I'll go against the crowd and guess MS64 BN. It looks as if there might be some flatness at the center of Lincoln's cheek and on his hair in a few places. If I'm misreading the image, however, I have no problem with an MS66 BN.

That is an example of a beautifully toned lincoln wheat cent and there is NO DOUBT or question of it's originality. I would say it's AT LEAST an MS 65 BN---maybe better. AWESOME coin!!