• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets do a 1793 to current US Coin post!

534 posts in this topic

@No+4Me - thanks. I'm a big Seated Dollar fan.

Here's a coin that folks have wanted to see in the past, and recently imaged by our esteemed TomB: an 1855-S 50c, with a single chop mark on each side, and graded UNC details. One of my favorites... :)

126014.jpg.76deafa7f6c3d799e08a6d41d59b1cb1.jpg

@Keigwin - Bill Jones posted an 1850 prior. No hole for that year, but always a pleasure to see a nice coin...

EVP

Well shoot. It's going poof then. No more single malt tonight either.

Lance.

EVP: that 1855 S half w/chops is drop-dead gorgeous. Fantastic color and surfaces, and you just don't see chopmarked halves around very much. ((Wait until the 1870's, then it's Trade Dollar time!))

1865 $20 NGC AU58

This coin was certified prior to the USS Republic discovery. In 2005, before the release of coins from that shipwreck, there were only 12 coins graded finer by NGC, mostly in the low mint state grades (MS60/61). Today, there are more than 300 coins graded in mint state.

Coin_342s7o_x_sm.jpgCoin_342s7r_b_sm.jpg

Here is a 3-cent Nickel with a Repunched "1869" FS-004.5.

1869TCNicN61obv.jpg1869TCNicN61rev.jpg

This thread needs stimulation. Let's get it going with an 1870 coin.

This thread needs stimulation. Let's get it going with an 1870 coin.

As I suspected it would. We are in the middle of one of the less popular eras now, and I expected it to slow down. Once we get to 1878, things will go crazy fast again. I can't post again until 1880.