• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets do a 1793 to current US Coin post!

534 posts in this topic

Love this thread so far, keep the coins coming! I have one for 1956 but that's going to be awhile haha.

I'm lucky...up next for me is 1917. So I can now... zzz

jom

Buf - what's the grade on yours? Mine's a 63.

PCGS AU-50...

Even despite the chatter (probably due to sheer size of image), I think the grade is conservative. Nice piece!

EVP

Looks like we're stalled again. If you guys don't show us some silver and gold you'll see a lot of copper for a while.

Lance.

dab9b127.jpg92d756ef.jpg

I got some gold coming in 8 years and a shipwreck half in 15 years. I'm just waiting, but these coins seem to come in spurts.

Gary

As I said, I'm getting my coins imaged tomorrow evening. I have a gorgeous 1844, but that year is passed. I have an 1845 too, if only I get the chance...

EVP

GREAT!! (worship)

The timing worked for me to get this coin into the mix, the 1848 CAL. quarter eagle. This piece, which some people view as the first U.S. commemorative coin marked the biggest event of the year in the U.S., the discovery of gold in California. This is one of my favorite coins. :banana:

1848CAL250Obv.jpg1848CAL250RevSm.jpg

This piece is one small part of 230 ounces of gold that Lieutenant Lucien Loeser brought from San Francisco, California to Washington, DC. The trip took him and an undisclosed number of guards more than three months to complete. The gold was then sent to the Philadelphia mint where these 1848 quarter eagles were struck with the "CAL." counterstamp. It is a rare example of a commemorative coin is that made from the material related to the event it marks.

GREAT!! (worship)

The timing worked for me to get this coin into the mix, the 1848 CAL. quarter eagle. This piece, which some people view as the first U.S. commemorative coin marked the biggest event of the year in the U.S., the discovery of gold in California. This is one of my favorite coins. :banana:

1848CAL250Obv.jpg1848CAL250RevSm.jpg

This piece is one small part of 230 ounces of gold that Lieutenant Lucien Loeser brought from San Francisco, California to Washington, DC. The trip took him and an undisclosed number of guards more than three months to complete. The gold was then sent to the Philadelphia mint where these 1848 quarter eagles were struck with the "CAL." counterstamp. It is a rare example of a commemorative coin is that made from the material related to the event it marks.

Thank you for sharing this amazing coin. It's as beautiful as it is historic....Joe

This business about allowing multiple showing of mint year coins, and even going back to earlier mint years, is very confusing. I hope we are now ready for 1849.

1849GDolOWNLA58obv.jpg1849GDolOWNLA58rev.jpg

I really want to post this 1849-D gold dollar. It is one of my favorite coins.

1849-DDolO.jpg1849-DDolR.jpg

Some collectors claim that the 1850-O Gold Dollar is a "sleeper date." Some say that it is a scarce as some of the Charlotte and Dahlonega dates.

1850-OGold1O.jpg1850-OGold1R.jpg