• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, another SAE set coming out to fight over???

18 posts in this topic

My how quickly the SAE frenzy died down....huh?

Well, when the mint releases this two coin set, I will be back in line for another go at it.

I have traded the SAE for years and this issue has been kinder to me than any other.

I love em! and I have never cared about the bullion/coin argument.

Hey, I just purchased a fist full of 2012 Proofs!

OP

I would buy a set, I think the reverse proofs look very nice. I wonder if they would ever consider doing a brilliant proof, like so many of the original WLH proofs of the late 30s and early 40s. I always thought those were beautiful.

Have you heard the news from the Mint? They will take any and all orders for a month and then produce to order. This time everyone in the country can have a SF Mint 2 coin set. This is how the 25th Anniv set should have been done (I was one of the lucky few that got 5 of those)

I wonder how many the coin vault will buy up, then advertise them as limited edition sold out coins.

With a household limit of one , IIRC, it will be a little more difficult for dealers to stock up and thus the frenzy will be at a rather low frothing rather than a melee. It should be interesting especially for the true"collector" who just wants to keep their set current. Just my nickels worth :)

Its times like this when I am glad I dont collect silver eagles.Good luck to all that do,I hope everyone that collects them can get a set!!!!

With a household limit of one , IIRC, it will be a little more difficult for dealers to stock up and thus the frenzy will be at a rather low frothing rather than a melee. It should be interesting especially for the true"collector" who just wants to keep their set current. Just my nickels worth :)

I didnt notice a limit of one per household on the mint website. But I may have missed it.

I didnt notice a limit of one per household on the mint website. But I may have missed it.

I just checked and did not see anything about an order limit. It'd be pretty moronic for them to have a "minted to demand" limit and then restrict the number you could order. Of course, this is a government agency we're dealing with, so not only is something this stupid possible, it is also highly likely. :mad:

Oops :blush:, after retracing my info I discovered that I had a brain fart on the one per household limit. I think the early conjecture had that as a possible option and unfortunately that is the information that stuck in my brain :/ Getting old really sucks sometimes :insane:

So now I'm hearing these are going to go for $149.95. That's just freakin rediculous!! More than likely one set I won't be getting!!

Well, I got my two sets last week and I finally got around to sending them to NGC. Lets see if the P,O. can get it right this time. When I sent in my 25th Anniv sets it was a major cluster f***.