I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl

6 posts in this topic

CSJournals-migration   
  • 5,398 posts

I'm eager to see the conservation results by NCS ...

I submitted a 1959 Official Hawai'i Statehood sterling silver medal (serial number 26) for NCS conservation and NGC grading. I was expecting a details encapsulation as some sort of chemical layering and reaction was occurring on the medal's reverse.

This is the lowest serial number for the medal I have encountered and picked up this prize just for the serial number.

I checked the medal's status. It graded MS-66! Now it's a bigger prize...

Sunrise picture taken at Makapu'u Point on the island of Oah'u

11023.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

gherrmann44   
  • 1,220 posts

Outstanding! Congratulations on the medal and thanks for the beautiful photograph of Maui. Having went to Hawaii on several occasions years ago while in the Navy, I hope to visit Hawaii again sometime in the future. Your medal also gives me hope that a medal I currently have awaiting conservation will turn out well. All the best.

Gary

SPHansen   
  • 360 posts

Always fun to have a coin exceed your expectations! :) Interested in seeing how it looks after conservation... do you have a before?

Six Mile Rick   
  • 2,147 posts

NCS conservation must have done you a great justice. What was the cost for conservation? I was just talking to a pennie nut about sending his better wheats to NCS. He is going to call Tuesday and find a cost on 100 or 200 at a time. He has some dip solution and when I saw the coins that were dipped I told him to start using a professional. I also have him talked into joining the club so he may just end up reading this.---O-K conversation over.

GREAT PICTURE!!!