• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the unwanted cent posted by Porfolio108

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

so i hear canada is loosing its copper color brownie..lol..

well i may have been anounced by the prime minister of canada or whom ever that the losing there cents ..lol. well thats cool

i think american should or prolly would do the samething after changing the currency

See more journals by Porfolio108

As long as the Mint makes its profit (seignorage) overall, the cent should remain in production.

Tradition is important in a society and the Cent is part of our culture. The small savings resulting

from its demise is like spit in the U.S. Budget ocean.

Later,

Malcolm

As long as the Mint makes its profit (seignorage) overall, the cent should remain in production.

Tradition is important in a society and the Cent is part of our culture. The small savings resulting

from its demise is like spit in the U.S. Budget ocean.

Later,

Malcolm

The seignorage is negative. These are of similar composition to U.S. cents which cause the U.S. Mint to pay 2.2c each to produce.

I meant the seignorage overall including all denominations minted must stay positive to carry the negative cent and nickel.