• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

worth the price of submission??

8 posts in this topic

i picked these up from Shane of the bay a few weeks ago.

i am curious what you guys think?

would they be worth submitting????

the reverse on the 1960 is alot more blue than the picture shows!

Also FULL of Luster!

123458.jpg.03a4a5e45f50f05b6e20de76a46d91e1.jpg

123460.jpg.a6290812af5188aafaf1c85807ae34e1.jpg

123461.jpg.9f31d839148d84be4fa91ba70c916ed9.jpg

123462.jpg.9672e13503c1ad49287ffe7ff143e1a1.jpg

123464.jpg.455cf4c5b50c6092832fe58c90e4bde2.jpg

Honestly, probably not. These have to be 66 or 67 at least to be worth submitting, and even then they aren't worth a whole lot. As a general rule, a coin should be worth about $300 to justify the expense of submitting.

Obviously, though, you are free to spend your money however you please.

To me that doesn't seem right that only $300 coins should be certified. I have coins in the $100-$200 range that are well deserving of certification.

I am nobody though so maybe I am wrong......

I always thought that as long as the FMV was greater then or equal to the cost of coin, plus cost of submission and shipping, then it was justified.

Obviously my statement goes out the window with Toners. I'm just replying to comment made that only $300 coins should be certified.

These were just some thoughts I had, I'm still interested in opinions.

Honestly, probably not. These have to be 66 or 67 at least to be worth submitting, and even then they aren't worth a whole lot. As a general rule, a coin should be worth about $300 to justify the expense of submitting.

Obviously, though, you are free to spend your money however you please.

I agree. I would pick up some intercept shield 2x2s to store them raw though. Some consider it overkill, but I am protective of my toners especially.

To me that doesn't seem right that only $300 coins should be certified. I have coins in the $100-$200 range that are well deserving of certification.

I am nobody though so maybe I am wrong......

I always thought that as long as the FMV was greater then or equal to the cost of coin, plus cost of submission and shipping, then it was justified.

Obviously my statement goes out the window with Toners. I'm just replying to comment made that only $300 coins should be certified.

These were just some thoughts I had, I'm still interested in opinions.

My threshold is $200 but the point is the same. It's about value added and what you want to spend your money on. There are some $100 coins I would consider slabbing if the coin could bring $150 after receiving the grade I feel it will get.

Strictly from an economics point of view, $300 probably makes sense for many coins on a cost-benefit analysis.