• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Mexico Libertad Gold MS70 Back Side by dtorres1217

6 posts in this topic

Was the design inspired by a local Chicken Farm? (Just kidding)

Most of the other countries strive for a artistic flair on their coin faces. The US, just portraits and National Park scenes.

The Mint did take some initiative when they made changes to the Sacagawaca dollars, by employing a new Native American theme on the reverse each year. I'd like to see the same happen with the others, 1st and foremost-the silver eagle. After all, changes were made to the gold and platinum eagles, Right? Though I love the walking liberty obverse design, Why not at least give 'ol Pete(da eagle) an annual face-lift?- A different pose, laying an egg, bite Elmer Fudd . . Something! other than the "Stick 'em up" pose.

The Mint decided that they want to further empty our pockets in 2012, with additional "special" ASE issues later this year, I ask why Cheapen the coins now in our collections with more of the same!? On the other hand, I'd welcome them if each one had a new design. But that's just me!

For some of you that may not be familiar, the design shows the current Eagle and Snake along with a constellation of all the other Eagle and Snakes that have appeared on the reverse of Mexican coins. The Eagle is always perched on a cactus and the symbolism dates to the pre-colonial era and the founding of the Aztec city that has now become Mexico City.

Later,

Mokie

Why not at least give 'ol Pete(da eagle) an annual face-lift?- A different pose, laying an egg, bite Elmer Fudd . . Something! other than the "Stick 'em up" pose.

I really had to laugh at this quote, "Stick em up", hilarious and true! At least Mexico has their eagle as a tough bird. Alas, I am ruined forever, I can never look at another SAE without thinking of "stick em up." Maybe the mint could throw us a bone from time to time. That may be asking too much though. At any rate the Libertad is a stunning coin!

Gary