• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roosevelt Dime Set??

6 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I just finished my roosevelt dime set from 46 to present..My question is why the dansco album does not have the 81 type II dime?? Just curious...

My set is all BU and Proof.......For a newbie not bad I guess, some of the early dates have beautiful rainbow coloring......I am just very enthusiastic for this is my second complete set......WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished my Roosevelt set this past week too! I my best to get MS63 or better, a few have amazing tones. I'll try to photograph it and have some pictures up.

Congrats on your your set!

Congrats to both of you.....I'm also a newby and am working on my "Franklin" set....all proof and a tough one (along with my Lincoln set...didn't think this would be that hard but as you get into the early years the prices prevent me from collecting over one a month!). If I ever do finish one I will be woo hooing too!

Bud

Dansco albums are a lot of enjoyment.

Congrats!!

Some tougher to find coins can be found at coin shows.

Dealers have books just full of all the different dates to search.

For the 1981 Type 2 proof set there are no slots in any of the series albums. Probably due to the very low population and rarity of these sets and therefore they are more a variety coin instead of a set coin. For the 1979 type 2 there were many sets produced and the coins were then added to the albums as they are easier to find.