• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary Silver Eagel Set - U.S. Mint posted by MV Coins

15 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Got through on-line!

In took over 40 minutes of loading and re-loading multiple windows but I managed to order five (5) 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Sets on the U.S. Mint web site. I've got my order number now. Good Luck!

See more journals by MV Coins

I called in at 12:00pm and the person sade that I had two minute's to go, that she could not take my order the com puter would not order it being that it is not 12:00pm. I hope some well be left. Don

Anhour later - still no success in checking out. I have gotten as far as the first checkpout screen six or seven times, then the site times out.

Ordered 5 sets at 12:03, used quick checkout button and received confirmation email with order number at 12:07. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

WOW, what a pain in the arse. My wife tried to call for 3 hours. I came home for lunch and called 4 times... PLINKO! Finally got mine ordered.

I've advised readers in my posts a few times about this problem. The Mint ALWAYS gets bogged down, and sometimes just crashes at the opening of a "Hot Item". It's happened to me every time, but with perseverence- I was never Shut-Out on a coin issue.

Ladies and Gentlemen Collectors, Every time a limited production coin or set comes out, those Stinkers at the Mint have imposed special rules and Limits on us, then screwing us up with insufficient online access, or manpower with enough phone lines, AND JUST WAIT- Next week- That Coin-Vault Show and other TV hawkers are goning to have PLENTY of these sets on hand at around a 1000 Bucks each, where are their limits?

Tonight I saw, at the link below- A guy bidding $1575 for a Single Sealed Coin Set, on ebay- Despiration or what?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-AMERICAN-EAGLE-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-SILVER-5-COIN-SET-A25-MINT-SEALED-BOX-/280763025488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415ec7c850

I did take a look a several ebay auctions and saw that quite a few of the people selling these sets don't have any other auctions going; they do not even appear to be coin collectors/dealers; and a review of their feedback on previous sales shows they haven't ever sold coins. I saw one sale of "25" of the 5 coin sets with a start bid of $12,000. How did this ever happen? I hope the Mint can catch this problem and somehow get it correced. Wishful thinking only on my part!

The mint wont do anything about it. The mint stated 5 per household.. who ever got more than 5, involved friends and family. There is no way to stop that unfortuantly. I agree with what others were saying throughout the collectors society... limit 1 per household. That is the only way you can give the small people, like me, a chance.

I did take a look a several ebay auctions and saw that quite a few of the people selling these sets don't have any other auctions going; they do not even appear to be coin collectors/dealers; and a review of their feedback on previous sales shows they haven't ever sold coins. I saw one sale of "25" of the 5 coin sets with a start bid of $12,000. How did this ever happen? I hope the Mint can catch this problem and somehow get it correced. Wishful thinking only on my part!