• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Anniversary Set Priced at $299.95

111 posts in this topic

I was going to complain about 56 minutes but never mind. The upgrades for the mint site are not due until 2012 if that is any consolation. It speaks volumes that the only part of the gov't that is actually making money has the slowest web site????????? order# 3833...... at 12:57. Good luck to everyone else.

started at 12:01 with both phone and computer, furthest I have gotten is adding them to the cart and on the phone hearing that I have been selected for a survey....beep...beep...beep

What is everyones guess on when/if they will sell out? I would think they will go pretty quickly with only 100k being minted.

Wasn't the mintage for the 2006 set 250k? How long did it take for those to sell out?

Boss,You should if you got a confirmation number, Good job, Keep the set going.
I'm hoping so. The mint still has an old email address I don't use anymore so I'm not gonna see an email. I did get a confirmation of my order on the site tho'.

Whew, that was a PIA!

Over an hour but finally got the confirmed order in for 4 sets.

Hope these sell out quickly.

I received an offer from Modern Coin Mart to buy each set at 360.00 with shipping paid.

OP

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2011 American Eagle 25th Anniversary Silver Coin Set. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available due to an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-in, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list.

When we place your order on the waiting list, we will send you an order receipt. This is not a guarantee that you will receive your order. If we are not able to fulfill your order, you will receive a cancellation or sold-out notification. If you paid by check, you will receive a refund.

You would have been given an order number if they actually accepted your order. It is an 8 digit number and you can sign on to the Mint website and look at your order history. If you see your order number there you have a confirmed order - not on the waiting list.

Thanks Jim, I got the e-mail confirmation with an order number so :wishluck: that I am good. Still haven't had any luck getting through on the website but I will check again later. I must have been a buzzer beater...

Interesting, I note that the link states the sets are sold out. On a whim. I placed an order for 3 sets at 6:00 PM. Order processed time was 15 minutes. Got my order number.

Question to everyone else that ordered---was your order availability indicated as Back Ordered?

Could be I just ended up on a waiting list. Then again if all the orders show Back Ordered, could be I got lucky.

Carl

Well Carl, that makes two of us.

From previous experience with the mint in these situations I have always gotten the product (the last being Lincoln Chronicles). I really hope these did not sell out so fast, as the flippers were clogging the phones and website all day ordering dozens of sets via friends/family...uggh

Go online and check your order status. I just did. Notation says sets will ship 11/11/2011. Email confirmation says the same. Lucky order placement timing I guess.

Carl

I've been trying to get on since 12:00 and finally checked out my order at 6:30pm and recieved e-mail confirmation. since 1:00 o'clock I had 5 sets in my shopping cart but couldn't get logged in or to the checkout but hopefully the mint goes by when you had the set in your shopping cart, we'll see.

I already see a set on ebay with 15 mins left and the bid is at $510. Ain't even in-hand yet. Actually there are already quite a few for pre-sale. I know if I'm lucky enough to get my one set, I'm keeping it.

By the way Boss sorry you had to sell the 06 set to get this one, if I would have had the money I would have gotting you one. I Love the ase coins and just need the 95 (one day I;ll get it) Good Job.

By the way Boss sorry you had to sell the 06 set to get this one, if I would have had the money I would have gotting you one. I Love the ase coins and just need the 95 (one day I;ll get it) Good Job.

Those are some very kind and generous words Brian. Thank you. I actually had to sell my 06' set about 3 yrs ago when my wife was dealing with her cancer. It's all materailistic my friend when it comes to family. Thanks again!!

For me it took about 45min. on the website...I didn't bother with the phone. The website was SLOOOOOW...but I got it done. I only got one for myself but I'm sure the speculation on this will drive the price up to some stupid amount....

jom

My order was placed at 3:40 ET so I am optimistic I will be seeing the 3 sets I ordered...interesting that the article says they sold out in 4 1/2 hours but also "While not officially sold out, the Mint has placed a "Waiting List Notice" on the Silver Eagle set's product page."

Well all who placed orders that got thru should receive a confirmation email but I'm still this does not assure a set. Everyones order status is probably showing the same info as "backordered, expected to ship 11/11/11". I will be happy to see that change to "in stock and reserved". That will usually indicate a successful order.

Ok, so looks like I missed the sale of the year :P .

I still don't get why I didn't took a day off. Mint was paying good today... :insane:

Buy: $299 X 5 = $1495 + shipping;

Flip: $400-$500 on bay X 5 = $2000 - $2500 + shipping;

Fast $500-$1000 for picking the nose whole day, and clicking refresh on Mint website.. :makepoint:

I don't know or I'm stupid for not being interested in silver bullion "collectors" coins from Mint, paying 2x of the silver spot for rare future key dates, or I just like good old coins like this:

IndenasObv.jpg

IndenasRev.jpg