• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheerios Penny

23 posts in this topic

lol

yeah, they are totally worth it. Buy them all, at any price. They will only go up in value, they are extra rare.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why don't you get them, then ;)

lol

yeah, they are totally worth it. Buy them all, at any price. They will only go up in value, they are extra rare.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because I've already got one. I got it in a box of Cheerio's back in 2000 when they were doing this. Its still in its original packaging, which I find more interesting than the slab.

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because I've already got one. I got it in a box of Cheerio's back in 2000 when they were doing this. Its still in its original packaging, which I find more interesting than the slab.

:signfunny: Heheh. Well here's an opportunity to buy some nice examples that are EXTRA RARE and WILL ONLY GO UP IN VALUE. The guy has 10, for 10X the profit ;)

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Same here; I'd rather keep it in the original packaging. Here's mine...

115655.jpg.677c111344e403b3a8fd275fd75f0426.jpg

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice coin! Next thing you know PCGS is going to start labeling ALL of those coins First Strike lol

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice coin! Next thing you know PCGS is going to start labeling ALL of those coins First Strike lol

hm

I would pass. The Cheerios cents command little premium. If you could find a Cheerios Sacagawea, then those are worth A LOT of money. Apparently, the dies used differ from those to produce the circulation pieces from 2000; hence the term "Reverse of 1999".

I would pass. The Cheerios cents command little premium. If you could find a Cheerios Sacagawea, then those are worth A LOT of money. Apparently, the dies used differ from those to produce the circulation pieces from 2000; hence the term "Reverse of 1999".

They use the term "Boldly Detailed Tail Feathers".

The Cheerio's Sac's are actually considered a pattern. They sell for well over $10k in high grades, although I think the prices have come back down a bit. One of our board members here discovered them.

For more, see this link: http://www.smalldollars.com/dollar/page20c.html

THESE WERE INSIDE CHEERIOS BOXES IN THE MILLENIUM YEAR 2000.MOST WERE USED FEW WERE GRADED!!!!!!

TOTALLY COLLECTABLE!!!!!!!!

but probably not worth $50 for the plastic

$50 is way too high. Probably worth about the cost of the slab.

I would probably just buy one in the original packaging.

I know a lady that found two of the dollars but lost them over the years.

She thinks the kids probably got them but still has hope they are in the house somewhere.

She thinks the kids probably got them but still has hope they are in the house somewhere.

If she's got them, they're worth about 10 grand apiece! :o

He's referring to the cents NOT the dollar.

Man...I remember those stupid things!

I was very young at the time, and I remember that I tried very hard to acquire one of the dollar pieces. Unfortunately, I couldn't stand the taste of the Cheerios! They taste like cardboard to me.

He's referring to the cents NOT the dollar.

Above.