• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1919 SLQ...GTG (revealed)

33 posts in this topic

Typically this issue is a very strong strike and possibly this example may be what is termed an " Ultimate Full Head " example. The photo's are to small for a closer inspection. Based on just what I can see, I would think this one to grade MS66 Full Head . I'm curious to know if this was a " crack out " , because locating one in this condition " RAW " is one hell of a find . I think I'll jump the gun here, so to speak, and offer you congratulations .

should I let you guys know now what it graded, or should I wait for some more responses. I did buy it raw in what was labeled "original roll" of SLQ on eBay. It was the only UNC in the bunch.

All I can say is " WOW " . This keeps getting more and more interesting. You actually found this in a " Roll " . We obviously know it's not a counterfeit . Can't you please do better on your photo's ? I really want a full image, both sides.

UNC DETAILS it is...ARRRRRGH! reverse scratch! But it was so small! I don't think it derserved a details grade! It was in an NNC MS66FH holder when I sent it to them. I expected maybe a 64FH or even a 63FH, but never a details. Maybe I'll have better luck at PCGS.

2556038_004o2.jpg2556038_004r.jpg

Ah, I don't have anything you'd be interested in that I'd be willing to trade! Honestly, I think it's a nice coin, but if it's ungradeable... then... it's not worth all that much. But, best of luck at PCGS. I think it's a pretty sweet coin and I don't think that's a scratch on the reverse, looks more like a bag mark or "scrape".

UNC DETAILS it is...ARRRRRGH! reverse scratch! But it was so small! I don't think it derserved a details grade! It was in an NNC MS66FH holder when I sent it to them. I expected maybe a 64FH or even a 63FH, but never a details. Maybe I'll have better luck at PCGS.

2556038_004o2.jpg2556038_004r.jpg

I thought you said you picked this up in a roll of coins on EBAY ??

You just love to throw the BS around here don’t ya.

You will get the same details grade from PCGS – I would say don’t waste your money but you seem to do that more often than not.

As a newbie collector I sent a bunch of coins to NNC b/c they were cheaper. As I learned more about grading companies, I obviously decided to go for the NGC slab. I ORIGINALLY got the coin from a roll on eBay. Would you like to know what class i took the fall semester of my junior year in college in route to my master's degree? :jokealert: You really are a bitter Mark T. This is just another post you've annotated with your egocentric balarky to try and get a rise out of me. As far as wasting $, I guarantee my lot of PCGS & NGC coins out value yours by far. Buzz off.

As a newbie collector I sent a bunch of coins to NNC b/c they were cheaper. As I learned more about grading companies, I obviously decided to go for the NGC slab. I ORIGINALLY got the coin from a roll on eBay. Would you like to know what class i took the fall semester of my junior year in college in route to my master's degree? :jokealert: You really are a bitter Mark T. This is just another post you've annotated with your egocentric balarky to try and get a rise out of me. As far as wasting $, I guarantee my lot of PCGS & NGC coins out value yours by far. Buzz off.

You really are a piece of work. All your coins are just wonderful – my collection compared to yours is worthless. I could only wish to be as successful in life as you. Can I get a Masters degree in Jobessi ??

It does not take much to get a rise out of you – if you were as smart as you think you are you would just ignore me or be a lot more tactful in your response. You are like a child, you get angry and call me names- way to go kid.

I'm impressed with Jerseycat. Nice call. In simple terms, what are the features of a scratch vs bag mark for TPG to discern one from another in determining a grade vs details?

Chet

I'm impressed with Jerseycat. Nice call. In simple terms, what are the features of a scratch vs bag mark for TPG to discern one from another in determining a grade vs details?

Chet

A very large bagmark would bag a coin also. Its really all about the size.

I don't feel so bad at have given the coin a 66FH assessment, since whoever NNC is, thought also. BTW, you did say you picked this out of a roll you purchased on EBAY and was lead to believe you sent this in to NGC, " Raw " . Now, I'm a bit confused. Was it in a roll or was it in an NNC holder ? Nevermind, I read your revised, " How I got the coin " post. Anyway, I don't believe will give it a 66FH for the same reason NGC did not. But , heck anything is possible, go for it.