• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Slab Picture Use

9 posts in this topic

What are the options to use the NGC Certification photos if you have purchased a coin that has these available? What hoops are required to own these photos for your own use?

If you own a coin that has images stored in the NGC database (i.e. pics available on cert. # check), you own these images for use in your registry sets because you paid for the image. How does one get (transfer) ownership use permission for slabs that one purchases after the fact and presently owns that did belong to another collector when the NGC photos were made? In other words, the ownership of these images should be transferable, I would think???? How does one go about doing this image acquisition?

So far, none of the responses given address the original question.

No, you don't own the images

You only paid for images if you tick "internet image" on your submission form. In that case, you would get images emailed to you and here is the important bit, they are DIFFERENT IMAGES. Taken on a Nikon D60 camera.

The images in the cert lookup are taken with an automated system and copyrighted, NOT FOR USE. It says contact NGC if you want to use them. If you ask to use them in your set, they will say no. I know, I asked.

I submitted some coins for grading as well as a few for reholdering in the newer scratch resistant holders. I received images for all of them.

So you ticked imaging ? it would have cost you of course. See my previous post, if you rightclick and check properties, advanced, on the file(s) they will say Nikon D60 ;)