• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The drought is finally over.

16 posts in this topic

It seemed like I was never going to win another nice toner from Shane. I would either be outbid at the end or the bidding went higher than I could afford in the first place.

I had been watching this 83-CC all week, and I was hoping that I would at least get a chance to bid on it before it went through the ceiling. I don't use Bidnapper any more, so I set my max bid and hovered over the "Commit" button until there was 7 seconds left. I thought sure the price would jump at least another $50 or so, but to my complete surprise it only increased one increment and I was the winner.

Thanks, Shane! I can't wait to get it.

Chris

New12032.jpg

New12033.jpg

Very nice...but why does Ms. Liberty have a 5 O'clock shadow?

this is what appears to be textile toning? from where the cloth sat on the cheek and toned more deeper again because of the cloth and what appears to be the imprint from the cloth?

i would need to see the coin in hand sight seen and tilt it under my cheat light to be sure

Chris

Thumbs up on the 83CC. Are you sending it in for grading? If so, let us know how she grades.

Chet

Chris

Thumbs up on the 83CC. Are you sending it in for grading? If so, let us know how she grades.

Chet

It's graded an MS65 in an old NGC no line fatty holder... (thumbs u

Because I can't find my old straight razor and strop anywhere!

Chris

Chris

You brought home a lady with a beard? You're more adventurous than I thought, Chris.

Chris

You brought home a lady with a beard? You're more adventurous than I thought, Chris.

You take what you can get when you haven't had any for a long time. :roflmao:

Chris

It seemed like I was never going to win another nice toner from Shane. I would either be outbid at the end or the bidding went higher than I could afford in the first place.

I had been watching this 83-CC all week, and I was hoping that I would at least get a chance to bid on it before it went through the ceiling. I don't use Bidnapper any more, so I set my max bid and hovered over the "Commit" button until there was 7 seconds left. I thought sure the price would jump at least another $50 or so, but to my complete surprise it only increased one increment and I was the winner.

Thanks, Shane! I can't wait to get it.

Chris

New12032.jpg

New12033.jpg

I picked it up at the PO this morning. It's still hard to tell if there are any traces of textile toning, but I was able to determine that it is a VAM-8A with the clashed "n", small dash under the 2nd "8" and the mintmark set right. Except for the mintmark, it's hard to see the other markers from a photo when the coin is heavily toned.

Great coin, Shane!

Thanks!

Chris

Shane and Chris

That is a beautiful 1883 with the toning and overall appearace.

Congatulations to both seller and buyer.

Rey

Shane and Chris

That is a beautiful 1883 with the toning and overall appearace.

Congatulations to both seller and buyer.

Rey

Thanks, Rey!

I've been thinbking of you every day.

Chris