• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEK # 425.... HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

24 posts in this topic

• Administrator

QUESTION: hm

Which issue of 1953 half dollar is never found with full bell lines?

Our first place winner will receive a copy of,

Striking Change, The Great Artistic Collaboration of Theodore Roosevelt and Augustus Saint-Gaudens by Michael F. Moran

There will also be a runner up prize given to a randomly selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back this Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Hi Lisa this rarity is a very weakly strikes and are rarely found with full bell lines it is the 1953s, franklin half dollars

I'd like to ammend my answer...

Its not the 1953-S Franklin

Full Bell Lines are NEVER found on Washington Carver Halves.

Trick question...huh ? lol

Let me start this by saying that there is no Date/Mint mark of Franklin Halfs that have had no FBL coins found.

However, by far the scarcest is the 1953S.

• Administrator

QUESTION:

Which issue of 1953 half dollar is never found with full bell lines?

Answer: Answer: The Washington/Carver type

Our first place winner, Elbesaar, has won a copy of “Striking Change, The Great Artistic Collaboration of Theodore Roosevelt and Augustus Saint-Gaudens” by Michael F. Moran

Our runner up, Jimbucks has won an NGC Single Coin Display Box.

Please stop by this Friday for the PMG Numisma-Quest question

Hi, Lisa: I know this won't make a "hill of beans" difference to anyone BUT the correct answer is not "WashingtonCarver" (one person - George Washington Carver). The correct answer is the "Carver/Washington Commemorative (two people - George Washington Carver and Booker T.Washington). Call me picky if you like - that is why I am a nerdy coin collector who maybe pays too much attention to detail!! Were you ever going to respond to my PM sent back in April?

Jim