• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2c and 3c may be undervalued

1 post in this topic

Old obsoletes offer value

I did not set out to complete my obsolete cent type set so quickly, but the lore of the registry pulled me in. My 2c shield was a raw acquisition about three years ago for about a c-note. It came back MS-63 so I was pleased. I do expect to upgrade this specimen in the near future.

My trime set started with a nice, MS64, die clash error type two in a PCGS holder. I was able to pick this one up just slightly over bid (at the time). I just added a very nicely contrasting PF 65 CAM for the T3...and maybe the most eye-appealing of all, is the 1852 Gem pictured below. This piece was picked up at auction for a bit more than half what I thought I'd have to pay.

Given their relative rarity in high states of preservation and their connection to classic Americanna; I view these oft-overlooked coins as tremendous values at current levels.

7242.jpg