• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will NGC accept an original, in cardboard, 1958 MintSet for grading?

3 posts in this topic

I'd love to send NGC the original set- never touched and the coins never removed, for grading.

I want NGC to see the set, intact and original, so they'll confirm for themselves it is not an AT or played with set.

Will NGC accept these 22 coins like this or must I pop each one out and place in a flip?

Braddick,

Pop them out and flip them up. They'll be safer in transport and our receiving department is not set up to handle coins submitted that way efficiently. Even if you did submit them in the holder, by the time they made it to the graders we'd have no idea how they came in originally, and your original holder probably will not get returned. As fot the AT aspect of it, sorry to say I have seen coins in cardboard that did not leave the mint in those same holders, so it really proves nothing. Mint set toning, while it can vary widely and be anywhere from unattractive to phenomenal, is fairly easy to identify so I wouldn't fear having them called AT by us.

John