• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Now Across The Street ...

300 posts in this topic

I have been added to the PCGS banned. I don't post much anymore so I don't know how long I've been banned. I am sure I made some disparaging remark about PCGS or TPGs. I usually do. Oh well, their playground, their rules.

They banned YOU???

I have been added to the PCGS banned. I don't post much anymore so I don't know how long I've been banned. I am sure I made some disparaging remark about PCGS or TPGs. I usually do. Oh well, their playground, their rules.

They banned YOU???

Their loss is this boards gain. I'm very surprised that you got the red card. Sad........You were a valued member ATS. MJ

Anyone else ever wonder if Don Willis and David Hall read these threads?

I know for a fact that PCGS employees read these threads. Greg has been asked by PCGS to remove posts from the NGC boards.

I know for a fact that PCGS employees read these threads. Greg has been asked by PCGS to remove posts from the NGC boards.

Does PCGS reciprocate when some of the Koolaid drinkers ATS bash NGC?

David Hall TOLD me (and my friend Dennis) that he himself monitors the NGC boards. He even quoted a couple of thread "Subject:" lines. And yes, this was after the infamous Norweb Hibernia incident of a few years ago.

I have not been over there in a while...the absolute AURA or arrogance has gotten even to me. Everything about them right down to their labels (notice that they just don't have a grade like XF 45, but they have it as a company grade, like WE graded this PCGS 45 as if it makes a difference) has become arrogant. Enough already!

If they do read the NGC threads then perhaps that is only place where they can learn what they are doing that displeases their customers. They sure as heck will never learn that from the PCGS boards because anyone who has even the most constructive of criticisms of PCGS offered in the most polite language possible runs the risk of being banned.

If they do read the NGC threads then perhaps that is only place where they can learn what they are doing that displeases their customers. They sure as heck will never learn that from the PCGS boards because anyone who has even the most constructive of criticisms of PCGS offered in the most polite language possible runs the risk of being banned.

Agree 110%

That's ridiculous! I cannot believe it. :mad:

Say what?! :screwy:

Wow. I think I have an account here. Perhaps I should switch. Change is good.

It angers me that such a good resource is disappearing. But the anger is tempered by the fact that I need to spend my efforts on something I can affect.

Here's two sides of a one-sided medal. Harumph.

medal_2_obv.jpg

medal_2_rev.jpg

Don Willis going batty ATS again ... now he is trying to contol people's browsing habits and enforce mandatory banner ad viewing. lol, what a tool :-)

micro to boot

well........................ it is his sandbox

they need new/more revenue streams; such is life with a publically traded company or any company for that matter

Don Willis going batty ATS again ... now he is trying to control people's browsing habits and enforce mandatory banner ad viewing. lol, what a tool :-)

Fletch,

I saw that; thought it was funny! I haven't seen any recent posts from you ATS, did 'ole DW boot you out of his sandbox for pooping in the corner?

Cheers!

Kirk

Don Willis going batty ATS again ... now he is trying to control people's browsing habits and enforce mandatory banner ad viewing. lol, what a tool :-)

What exactly are you talking about? Can we get a link to the thread/post?

Well I got booted ATS for seriously next to nothing, mostly concerning their petty dishonesty. Considering, that I have never even been warned to be tone it down on this site. People pay membership to post on those boards. Their arrogance ATS is truly upsetting and a black mark on the hobby. I have been ill and disabled for several years now and coin collecting is one thing that I can still do and enjoy without leaving my home. Too bad there are not two venues to freely speak your mind on with some reasonable criticism.

It just get worse ATS. Management chances and all, it never lets up. Drink the Cool Aid or leave! Kind of like when I worked in the PR of China and folks criticised the Politboro, except you don't really disappear, just from there!

I think this post is maybe what's being referred to.

PCGS offers an advertising program for those who are interested. If you are interested please contact Rebecca Tran

Advertisers help pay for these forums. They deserve at least a fair shot at your business. Anyone who turns off the ads shown on these pages will be banned.

Additionally, the boards are not to be used to sneek in free ads for whatever you are promoting. More and more I see people with multiple links, large images, animated gifs and all sorts of distractions in thier signature lines. Signature lines are turning into grandstands. This is not permitted.

There is no problem if you have a signature line with a single link to your Registry set or your website. Just don't go overboard and please stop all the marketing.

We are going to start enforcing this immediately by blocking anyone who violates this policy. Fair warning.

Don Willis going batty ATS again ... now he is trying to contol people's browsing habits and enforce mandatory banner ad viewing. lol, what a tool :-)

micro to boot

well........................ it is his sandbox

they need new/more revenue streams; such is life with a publically traded company or any company for that matter

IMO, he's policing it way too much instead of "administering" to it. I know for a fact that threads can be edited and as such user's can be warned but it appears that neither action occurs and instead, users are simply "eliminated".

Until recently, once banned always banned has been the rule but I know of at least 4 that have been resurrected from the dead.

I know of at least 4 that have been resurrected from the dead.

You saying MadMarty is a Zombie?

CoinGuy1 is being controlled by someone else?

Well I got booted ATS for seriously next to nothing, mmostly concerning their petty dishonesty. Considering, that I have never even been warned to be tone it down on this site. People pay membership to post on those boards. Their arrogance ATS is truly upsetting and a black mark on the hobby. I have been ill and disabled for several years now and coin collecting is one thing that I can still do and enjoy without leaving my home. Too bad there are not two venues to freely speak your mind on with some reasonable criticism.

It just get worse ATS. Management chances and all, it never lets up. Drink the Cool Aid or leave! Kind of like when I worked in the PR of China and folks criticised the Politboro, except you don't really disappear, just from there!

dont feel like the lone ranger lol- i got booted from there too,no big loss , i like ngs much better than the psa/cu coin forum, whatever they cal it

ask carol about rube26105- she'll have nightmares for weeks :roflmao:

I find it best not to poke carolj

i called her, shes not nice lol

i figured if there stupid enuff not to take my $, ill just spend it else where lol- like here :banana:

Carolj, is a Harpy, Harridan. They must have hired her from the California DMV! She has been allowed by management over there to develop her hostile posturing and no one seems to mind, so I guess it is policy or at least tacitly OK for her to treat people that way. I only occasionally (every few years) get upset about the way she treats people, or at least treated me. Most of the time, she is dust in the wind!

However, the bottom line is that they don't get my money for membership and I don't go over there more than maybe once every year or two and then only when referred from here regarding some information. Eventually, she will dump on one too many people and it will get her dumped. In the meantime, I will just stay over here or visiting other sites where I can contribute and feel a part of.