• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crazy Now Across The Street ...

300 posts in this topic

I just hope that some of the people just stay on the other side of the street. ;)

I do have to admit that I post more ATS and there are some nice folks on the other side, otoh, there are some people with their heads up their asses! (thumbs u

I just hope we do not have to sand bag like they are now doing on the Red River

Due to a previous edit before this post, my comment makes no sense now...but then again my wife tells me that just about every other day, so nothing new.

I think a lot of topics get locked or booted because historically those threads quickly evolved into posters throwing jabs, right hooks, upper cuts and some were even sporting their lead loaded gloves. So, in order to control the mob mentality and to eliminate trolling, threads would just go ***poof*** on a regular basis.

I find it interesting that such censorship is not required over here to maintain decorum. Maybe the trolling and lack of civility they seek to control on the PCGS boards are a direct result of the heavy handed and arbitrary censorship. Obviously, certain people get away with murder over there while others need tread lightly or suffer indiscriminate bamming. Or, maybe this is simply a friendlier crowd ...

This is a much smaller crowd. Just base don the odds, I suspect that if it got considerably larger, it wouldn't be as friendly. Unfortunately, I think a troublemaker tends to be a larger influence than a friendly person is.

Mark, I know we all can have a bad day, but don't you think if this forum had a larger participating membership that most of the regular friendlies , here, would do everything they could to maintain decorum to keep the nasties in check?

Chris

I think so, Chris. But the success would probably depend on how many there were.

I think a lot of topics get locked or booted because historically those threads quickly evolved into posters throwing jabs, right hooks, upper cuts and some were even sporting their lead loaded gloves. So, in order to control the mob mentality and to eliminate trolling, threads would just go ***poof*** on a regular basis.

I find it interesting that such censorship is not required over here to maintain decorum. Maybe the trolling and lack of civility they seek to control on the PCGS boards are a direct result of the heavy handed and arbitrary censorship. Obviously, certain people get away with murder over there while others need tread lightly or suffer indiscriminate bamming. Or, maybe this is simply a friendlier crowd ...

This is a much smaller crowd. Just base don the odds, I suspect that if it got considerably larger, it wouldn't be as friendly. Unfortunately, I think a troublemaker tends to be a larger influence than a friendly person is.

Mark, I know we all can have a bad day, but don't you think if this forum had a larger participating membership that most of the regular friendlies , here, would do everything they could to maintain decorum to keep the nasties in check?

Chris

I think so, Chris. But the success would probably depend on how many there were.

Nasties? If it got to the point where there were too many nasties, we could put a bounty on their heads. Any friendly who turns in a nasty would get a free submission. :roflmao:

Chris

I don't think DW polices the boards as much as you think. I think he has his "lapdogs" that peruse the boards constantly and I'm sure I could name five of them or so, and I'll bet you could too. There are those over there that can get away with pretty much anything while other pretty much tame threads will get bammed at the suggestion of the pseudo moderators.

This is exactly what I remember as well from back when I was a PCGS forum member (except DH was in charge then).

I don't think DW polices the boards as much as you think. I think he has his "lapdogs" that peruse the boards constantly and I'm sure I could name five of them or so, and I'll bet you could too. There are those over there that can get away with pretty much anything while other pretty much tame threads will get bammed at the suggestion of the pseudo moderators.

I disagree. Mark Feld will disagree with me on this, but I started getting the DW PM's starting the day Mark was reinstated. It may just be a coincidence, but it's how it came down.

I never gave DW any grief, but told him that I thought his policies would be the downfall of his forums. For that, I'm history.

I never gave DW any grief, but told him that I thought his policies would be the downfall of his forums. For that, I'm history.

WOW! :o

You said that to him in a PM, and he canned you? These guys are starting to give paranoia a new meaning. :screwy: If they can’t handle modest criticism that is given to them in private their skins must be thinner than an onion. :boo:

I disagree. Mark Feld will disagree with me on this, but I started getting the DW PM's starting the day Mark was reinstated. It may just be a coincidence, but it's how it came down.

I was wondering why you were banned. If that was the entirety of their thought process, and it was expressed via PM, then it seems mighty quick. If your opinion was written in a thread then it might be interpreted as more of an insult, violation of policy or threat. Nonetheless, as an isolated incident I would not think they would ban someone for the opinion.

I was wondering why you were banned. If that was the entirety of their thought process, and it was expressed via PM, then it seems mighty quick. If your opinion was written in a thread then it might be interpreted as more of an insult, violation of policy or threat. Nonetheless, as an isolated incident I would not think they would ban someone for the opinion.

I do not think that was anywhere close to the entirety of why he was banned. And despite what he has stated on various forums, whatever PM's he received from Don Willis after I was reinstated on the PCGS forum had nothing to do with me. He gives me far too much credit in that department.

Hi Mark!! I'm glad you responded.

Tell us, do all of your posts on this thread conform to DW's rules. And, you seem very quick to see that I'm not reinstated just by your comments to my grandaughter.

Poll: Would you like to see ksteelheader back?

Maybe you could go into more depth on your comment: What it shows is that you can talk your way into staying off the boards, as ksteelheader has done, by repeatedly, crudely insulting the president of PCGS

Tell us, do all of your posts on this thread conform to DW's rules. And, you seem very quick to see that I'm not reinstated just by your comments to my grandaughter.

Maybe you could go into more depth on your comment: What it shows is that you can talk your way into staying off the boards, as ksteelheader has done, by repeatedly, crudely insulting the president of PCGS

:signofftopic: I sorry but we don't need this kinda stuff around here!!

:signofftopic: I sorry but we don't need this kinda stuff around here!!

Sorry, but I thought the topic was: Crazy Now Across The Street

And, did you miss Marks post?

I ain't here to stir trouble, but I'm only posting to what the thread title suggested.

If I'm wrong, I guess someone else will tell me so.

Hey there, I just went to the ksteelheader poll link in the post above. Near the end Mark Feld noted that he was banned for 3 years from the ATS chat boards. Mark, would you elaborate why you were banned for 3 years if you don't mind? Having said that, in a free country where free speech is a right, and I assume you were banned for using your free speech, why on Earth would you want re-enstatement and why on Earth would you go back? For that matter, if someone as decent as you could be banned, why would anyone want to be a member of the ATS chat boards? Just wondering as long as the topic is up here. :)

Having said that, I am a member ATS but rarely post, too many members for my taste....

Hey there, I just went to the ksteelheader poll link in the post above. Near the end Mark Feld noted that he was banned for 3 years from the ATS chat boards. Mark, would you elaborate why you were banned for 3 years if you don't mind? Having said that, in a free country where free speech is a right, and I assume you were banned for using your free speech, why on Earth would you want re-enstatement and why on Earth would you go back? For that matter, if someone as decent as you could be banned, why would anyone want to be a member of the ATS chat boards? Just wondering as long as the topic is up here. :)

Having said that, I am a member ATS but rarely post, too many members for my taste....

The short answer is that I was banned, primarily because I had spoken out against the "first strike" designation.

The longer version ....I had been warned about it, subsequently discussed it (if memory serves me correctly, in a neutral fashion) in a thread, was then accused of "bashing" PCGS, was told not to post for at least a couple of weeks and not to tell anyone why I wasn't posting. I asked to be shown how/where I had bashed PCGS, but did not receive a response. I was fine with not posting, but not without being able to let my friends and acquaintances know why. So, I made a post, stating what had transpired. And I was banned.

Thanks Mark. I just went and read the ATS R&R's. They make it clear there is no free speech and they have the right to decide to ban anyone on a first strike if they deviate from the R&R's. Their right I guess but seems pretty extreme for some of the R&R's. I believe for example, criticism directed towards TPG's is healthy and keeps them on their toes, ATS R&R's do not agree.....

Ken, you blame Mark Feld for getting you banned. How do you explain those dismal poll results?

Imagine what polls would be like if it automatically posted your vote as a post with your identity!! hm

I think people voted against you because of your posts. Does it bother you?

Not really. Why would I really care. I've got a lot more to do than worry why some silly people I don't even know dislike me.

Those that have met me do know that I'll tell you the same thing to your face as I will on any forum.

I didn't become a Navy Hospital Corpsman, an EMT, a baseball coach, a football coach, or elected official because of what people thought, but rather because they wanted me to.

What have you done for your community or country during your life?

Ken, you blame Mark Feld for getting you banned. How do you explain those dismal poll results?

Imagine what polls would be like if it automatically posted your vote as a post with your identity!! hm

Regardless of how one might vote, the idea of having your identity posted with your vote might intimidate a number of folks and would likely lead to lower participation in such a poll. One reason is that while quite a few members might have an opinion one way or another, they also might not want or feel the need to defend that opinion in a public forum. Additionally, posting a vote with the user name may cause a polarization of members and I think most people involved in the forums ATS don't want to see camps of users more isolated or defensive than they may already be at the moment. Anyway, most voting is done using an anonymous system.

The opinion that I have about the thread is that the user who started the thread likely anticipated a high voter turnout in support of reinstatement and was taken by surprise when this did not happen.

Regardless of how one might vote, the idea of having your identity posted with your vote might intimidate a number of folks and would likely lead to lower participation in such a poll. One reason is that while quite a few members might have an opinion one way or another, they also might not want or feel the need to defend that opinion in a public forum. Additionally, posting a vote with the user name may cause a polarization of members and I think most people involved in the forums ATS don't want to see camps of users more isolated or defensive than they may already be at the moment. Anyway, most voting is done using an anonymous system.

The opinion that I have about the thread is that the user who started the thread likely anticipated a high voter turnout in support of reinstatement and was taken by surprise when this did not happen.

Tom, I agree. But, they need some form of control over there that takes into account whether a poster is really an actual person or an alt.

Yes, Mark Feld will tell you I have alts and that's false. I had one and that got banned also.

Some same as you. baseball coach and board member in LL and Babe Ruth leagues.Cub and boy scouts. basketball coach at the YMCA. I've done my part. Ken, that's all besides the point. I guess you are a different man when you get behind a computer.

Some same as you. baseball coach and board member in LL and Babe Ruth leagues.Cub and boy scouts. basketball coach at the YMCA. I've done my part. Ken, that's all besides the point. I guess you are a different man when you get behind a computer.

No, ask the multitude over there that have met me. Just better looking in person. :mad:

By the way, thanks for doing your part in your community. It makes a difference.

How did all those people over there want you out? 60% to 40% means a lot of people don't want you around. Yet, you say, people view you different in person.

I don't know, you'll have to ask them.

30694 users are registered to the Collectors Universe forum.

Total Votes: 230

0.007% voted.

By the way, how does a person send PM's over here. I've recieved and answered, but don't know how to send. hm

Click on the user name of the person you want to send to and then click the 2nd link that says "Send PM"

By the way, how does a person send PM's over here. I've recieved and answered, but don't know how to send. hm

Click on the user name of the person you want to send to and then click the 2nd link that says "Send PM"

Got it. Thanks!!

My sister-in-law is incredible...she would look at all this, shake her head, tuck her lower lip in and simply respond, "Same *spoon*, different day!"