• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

13 posts in this topic

Oh, sure! You went to see TOM, but didn't stop by table 67 to see ME?? Hmph :sumo: !

My guess is sharpness 12, net 10, though he may have taken it down to 8. Nice coin!

It's too bad that I live in Florida because I would love to get a chance to meet you in person and BS for awhile. :hi::foryou::preach::gossip::slapfight:

Chris

The photos make it look a little scruffy because of the size of the pictures. I’d give it a Fine-12. I’m sure that the EAC people will call it VG-7 and sell it for Fine money. This coin as seen quite a bit of circulation, and small marks are to be expected.

The variety is crosslet 4, stemless which equals Cohen variety # 1804-12. That variety is rated as R-2, but it’s much scarcer than the most common of all half cent varieties, C-1804-13, the plain 4, stemless.

Hi James,

I tried to get over to your table but you were busy every time I went by there. I didn't end up getting to the show until almost 1pm and I wanted to leave at a decent time to beat rush hour traffic on my way back to south St. Louis so I was only there about 2 1/2 hours. I was surprised by how crowded it was there, I was elbow to elbow all afternoon.

lol !

One of these days, I would really like for us board members to plan a get-together, maybe after a show, or at one of the coin club meetings. I think it would be a lot of fun.

I did visit with about six current board members, including Tim, but from what I heard in discussions, there must have been at least twice that many members milling about!

i like the coin and i agree with james

i am not an eac grader more close with a market grade but i am in line with what bill jones said

i grade this coin almost fine 12 with good eye appeal and even though it might be 6-7 eac i think weather it would be graded eac 7 and in a PCGS HOLDER AT FINE 12 i think that the eac seller grade and the pcgs seller grade would both be priced the same

DSCN9213.jpgDSCN9214.jpg

Tom Reynolds called it F15, net F12 and it looks like the majority here agree with the F12 assessment. Thanks for pointing out the rarity BillJones, I knew it was an R-2 but good to know that it is a tough R-2 (thumbs u

I was hoping to find a Spiked Chin but he didn't have any below VF-30 and those were out of my price range