• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth getting a grade?

11 posts in this topic

also with many non numismatic buyers and all the scares with china private mints unhampered by the govt producing really good plated fakes of many ultra modern gold coins

a slab would greatly help liquidity in situations where non numismatic wholesale

resellers and/or retail buyers would have a higher degree of comfort

i think it is worth getting a grade as it will likely add increased liquidity and demand

and you might get an extra bonus with a 70 grade

Actually the coin in the Original Mint box is selling for more then a MS69 but just a little less than MS70.

i think it is worth getting a grade as it will likely add increased liquidity and demand

and you might get an extra bonus with a 70 grade

Actually the coin in the Original Mint box is selling for more then a MS69 but just a little less than MS70.

Jaime, you're a "gold man". Are those copper spots on the cheek and in the hair to the left of the temple?

Chris

Wow! You guys are tough! lol! I guess I need to pay more attention to the scan quality that I submit. No, there are no spots on the coins themselves the red specks are dust not on the coin themselves. The coins are in the mint wrap and pristine but yeah I get the point that the grading probably won't add anything to the end value even if it is a MS70. Thanks all!

This appears to be the bullion one ounce coin, which if I recall correctly has little upside at this time if graded at MS70. Given the postage and grading costs associated with sending this coin in as well as the likelihood of less than an MS70 grade and the limited reward for an MS70, I would leave it as is. These are liquid like this.

I don't think that this coin will an MS-70. I see a spot in the hair and on the face that would knock it down to MS-69 or 68. I can't see spending the money to get this graded.