• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pictures - Please grade this Eisenhower

8 posts in this topic

What would you all grade the attached coin? You may recognize the pictures from an older post, with smaller photographs. The consensus is that it won't cross at the grade listed on the holder, but I was curious if anyone wanted to grade the coin based on the enlarged images? P.S. If the spots make a difference, do you think they could benefit from NCS conservation services?

91531.jpg.7867c214cadac707438c1f038a75b961.jpg

91532.jpg.fa9f2dbf0d5e98497b140d3d8596747a.jpg

91533.jpg.a3734ca18fb93449b37c8078c0e0ca3c.jpg

Looks like an old ANACS holder.

I see no reason why this shouldn't get an MS65, and I don't feel the spots are a problem. Is it really worth crossing over though?

Thanks guys. I was hoping for at least MS66, but if you guys are uncertain of even that, it may be worth looking for another coin (perhaps from an original roll as suggested by someone on the other, older post). Sorry to bother you all again; I didn't know if larger photographs would have made a difference. I definitely appreciate all of your time; it is very hard to be objective when it is an item that you have been looking for for a long time. Despite the fact that I have been collecting for years and have much grading experience, I make horrible evaluations when I'm excited. You have certainly saved me from what could have been a major mistake. Thanks again.

Very nice coin overall, but the images don't project the luster in any meaningful manner. I don't know how much of a detriment that spot is, but MS-65 looks like a lock from the standpoint of surface preservation.

Despite the fact that I have been collecting for years and have much grading experience, I make horrible evaluations when I'm excited.

I know that feeling well.