• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1825 Capped Bust 50c - GUESS THE GRADE!

15 posts in this topic

VF-35, woulda been 40 if not for the harsh nick at 12:00 on the obverse. Looks like maybe some environmental damage, otherwise I'd say not too eye appealing toning in those pictures.

Man, you guys are good.

ANACS called this EF-40, and I agree. The coin looks much better in person, the toning is attractive instead of blotchy as my photos suggest.

This came from a coin dealer friend who is also an excellent musician. I played bass in a band with him for 4 years which gives this added sentimental value to me.

He bought it from an old collector from Long Islands Gold Coast, land of the Great Gatsby.

Long Islands Gold Coast, land of the Great Gatsby.

FANTASTIC novel - one of my favorites! I have the movie version currently on my NetFlix list.

Excellent novel, please let me know if the movie is worth watching.

(The famous old version from 1974 with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow or the newer made for British television 2000 version with Paul Rudd and Mira Sorvino?)

I read the book but have seen neither film.

Can you believe it's almost 10 years since 2000?

Excellent novel, please let me know if the movie is worth watching.

(The famous old version from 1974 with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow or the newer made for British television 2000 version with Paul Rudd and Mira Sorvino?)

Definitely the 1974! I like most of Redford's early stuff, especially The Sting and Butch Cassidy.

Correct answer.

Butch Cassidy and The Sting were classics with two of my favorite actors, Redford and Newman. They were incredible together.