• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1834 Capped Bust 50c - GUESS THE GRADE!

19 posts in this topic

It is certified and was not cleaned. And the chunk out of the reverse is actually plastic spooge from the holder.

Guess the grade!

1834Half-1.jpg

1834Half-2.jpg

XF-35 on the brow, ear rub and reverse condition. Beautiful example based on the pics. Very nice color and definition. I like this coin. It states it's age with elegance.

ANACS certified this an XF-40, and I agree. 4 or 5 people nailed it. I swear NGC should recruit from this forum. We are a smart bunch!

And as $ilverHawk declared, "It states it's age with elegance." Excellent observation.

I like this coin a lot. It came from an old coin dealer friend and that makes it even more special.

The solid white implies old ANACS. New ANACS has a clear holder.

Correct, this is in an old ANACS white holder. The new holders are clear and finally fit into an NGC/PCGS case but I have a soft spot in my heart for the old ANACS mini's.

Or maybe it's a soft spot in my head...:smile:

VF 25 - VF 30. Are you sure that it hasn't been whizzed though? The light emanating from the check and the surfaces concern me...

ANACS would have flagged it as whizzed. I think it's an honest circulated coin, and besides, I like it.

The new holders are clear and finally fit into an NGC/PCGS case but I have a soft spot in my heart for the old ANACS mini's.

If you mean the NGC (gray plastic) or PCGS (blue plastic) slab boxes, I've found that you can use the foam inserts that are typically used for the Eagle slab pages in the slots for the old ANACS slabs.

Chris