• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7777 CONTEST

58 posts in this topic

My 7,777th post is just around the corner, and to celebrate, I will be giving to the winner of this contest two Sacagawea's:

2007P, NGC MS67 Business Strike that has a neat little obverse die clash

and a ...........

2007D Business Strike, uncertified, that has a reverse die gouge on the "E" of UNITED.

CONTEST RULES

1. I was born in 1947 at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD. All you have to do is guess the amount of the hospital bill.

Note for ScottB....NO FAIR GOING TO THE HOSPITAL AND CHECKING THEIR ARCHIVES!

2. Each participant is allowed only one guess. and the person coming the closest to the exact amount will be the winner.

3. Post your guesstimate, here, on this thread.

4. The deadline for entries is Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 7:17AM (Eastern Time).

5. The winner will be announced on Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 7:17PM (Eastern Time).

Good luck!

Chris

1. I was born in 1947 at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD. All you have to do is guess the amount of the hospital bill.

My guess is $12.50, unless there was a buy-one-get-one-free deal that day :D .

$52.50 plus tax. lol

Wait no tax on military babies. doh!

Clarification for all, including Irvin. :hi:

Sales tax is irrelevant! Military babies, illegitimate babies or whatever are irrelevant! Twins (of which I am not) don't mean you split the cost. The amount you post is all that matters!

Chris

Let's see that long ago they were still using foreign currency in the states so I am going to say 10 pillar dollars hm

I'll put you down for $10 and no sense. lol

Chris :hi:

Let's see that long ago they were still using foreign currency in the states so I am going to say 10 pillar dollars hm

I'll put you down for $10 and no sense. lol

Chris :hi:

:whee:

Looks like the going rate for a baby was around $70 a pop in the late '40's. I'll assume your mom spent a couple/few days in the hospital, as was customary back then, and we'll call the bill $150.

Not many people had health insurance back then, but they did have at least 7-8 months to save up to pay for the doctor/mid-wife/hospital bill.

My hospital bill was $78.00 but the doctor charged $35.00, so I'm going to say $113.00