• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please critique this Morgan

14 posts in this topic

65+ but I'll have to say only PL, seems to be a bit hazy, but maybe that's just in the pictures. The words seem to come out pretty clear in the reflection but I'm still gonna have to call it PL.

Looks like some chatter in front of the eyes that the lighting/angle isn't bringing out. At least 1 cheek hit. Reverse typical. Hard to tell, probably at least SPL, but need to get the coin off the surface to make a decent call. I'll go with MS64PL.

Close up provided

-Obv, Light lustre impairment runs from base of L to just out from brow -

-Obv, Small hit on chin can be seen in original photos, very, very slight hit below right side of eye on cheek

-Remainder of Obv is well represented in photo and I believe easily PL, very clean, sparse but even cloud/haze kills dmpl - LOOK AT THE STRENGTH OF STRIKE IN HAIR/EAR/ETC

-Rev is very, very near DMPL and as clean as I've ever seen.

Thanks in advance for opinions...

90334.jpg.cbd1b4c945aa5c477fbb6746387bf664.jpg

90335.jpg.33bc8558c8333888c18b26bf2df0fd2f.jpg

Call me crazy, but it looks SPL (semi-prooflike) to me, although MS-65 seems realistic.

:preach: What he said. Not quite enough contrast in the straight on shots as I'd expect in a PL, let alone a DMPL. It is unquestionably semi-PL and may get a PL, but without it in hand I wouldn't say that for sure. 65 seems about right, maybe 64 if your comments in the second post are readily visible in hand.

when i saw the coin tilted in the newspaper and it had that much pl surfaces i thought pl as the other photos i think mask the true pl surfaces and i bet in hand it is pl

thsi was my conclusion based on that tilted photo as again the head on photos i think mask the true pl

but...........................

i cant see it in hand so i cant say for sure

I think maybe the problem with this coin is it might be over dipped and that might be what's causing the field reflectivity to be subdued. Just a thought. Don't kill the messenger!