• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1889 Indian cent(another proof)

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

How about a grade and critique on this 1889 Proof Indian?To me it looks fantastic.The only thing I see is around "ONE CENT". Toning? Sorry about the pictures.Not mine

89568.jpg.43380f0235912d69751282292ac2b596.jpg

89569.jpg.8311d56efe8de9fa3cb5e9845ba00e3e.jpg

Nice details, the coin shows contrast, but I believe the haze in the fields will not allow it to go cameo. Am I the only one who is concerned about the color? I feel it may have been dipped in some sort of solution and that's what's hazing up the fields. To me it easily has 65+ details.

It looks like "altered surfaces" to me, from these photos. Edited to add: does appear to be a proof, however.

Agreed....color is just too far off original...however, if it's original then I'd say 65RB-CA

Nice details, the coin shows contrast, but I believe the haze in the fields will not allow it to go cameo. Am I the only one who is concerned about the color? I feel it may have been dipped in some sort of solution and that's what's hazing up the fields. To me it easily has 65+ details.

That's exactly what I was going to say.