• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any help on these? (peace, seated, bust)

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have any guesses on the grade on these?

What is the green stuff on the peace? Is it bad? It also has kind of a purple tone to the whole coin. My pics suck so im trying different lighting

IMG_1360-1.jpgIMG_1362-1.jpg

IMG_1357.jpgIMG_1355.jpg

Seated Half, has it been cleaned?

IMG_1376.jpgIMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1385.jpgIMG_1383.jpg

Bust, almost 100% its been cleaned, right? Does it have any value in this condition?

IMG_1390.jpgIMG_1396.jpg

Thanks!

I'm not real sure but it looks as tho' every one of these coins have what looks like some pvc damage to them. Are they all yours or are they potential buys from the same seller?

Every single one of those coins appears to have been harshly polished. If you have already bought them, try and return them. Definitely spend some time and try to learn to recognize damaged, cleaned, polished, and otherwise altered coins. These coins have been altered to the point where most collectors would pass, or at best consider them for their silver value.

If you haven't bought them, don't!

The Peace dollar and the bust half definately look to have been polished.

The seated half looks to have been cleaned, It also has a grainy look to it which would lead me to believe it is corroded.

My amateur opinion is that the Peace the the Bust have been cleaned/polished/whizzed. However, the Seated Half doesn't look half bad to me. What am I missing?

The seated half has several things which raise red flags: 1. the deep scratch and gouge on the obverse. 2. The unnatural appearnce of the surfaces, as bugmann mentioned. 3. The odd coloration/discoloration pattern. Notice how around some of the letters its really dark, but on the rest of the coin, its light and uniform - even in the crevices. 4. The overall odd color of the coin

All of these say "stay away" in my mind.