• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM 1890O morgan

17 posts in this topic

This is my second time asking. The last time I only had scans in the plastic holder. The first 2 are scans of the naked coin.

1890OMORGANOBV.jpg

1890OMORGANREV.jpg

The next 4 are digital camera images at slightly different angles.

100_0080.jpg

100_0081.jpg

100_0082.jpg

100_0079.jpg

Thanks to all for their reply.

Charlie

I'll call it 62+. The toning is almost certainly dipped and retoned, some find this acceptable, some find this unpleasant. There are a number of marks on the obverse, which is why I graded it 62 - although the reverse appears cleaner, the black spots are a deterrent.

dip residue re-toning but this is easily fixed by a really quick proper dip

coin is a commerical unc. ms-60 61 ish coin

decent coin and if decent eye appeal with some lustre present ( after the dip)

see below

after it is properly dipped and since i have not seen this sight seen then if not any problems i am missing by not seeing the coin in hand

then pcgs au-58

I thought details looked about 63 on first glance. Upon re-inspection, I feel 62 would likely be tops, and I don't love the toning, and it pretty apparently appears dipped given the contrast of the device to the toning of the field.

I'm gonna agree with MS62.

Hey Michael, whats up with this pcgs thing??

then pcgs au-58

I'm starting to think I'm ATS. lol

I think he's got an NGC 58 as well...

I wouldn't give BU money for it...

then pcgs au-58

okie i agree

my mistake lol and i changed my mind :golfclap:

ngc au-58 for me also!!! (thumbs u

then pcgs au-58

okie i agree

my mistake lol and i changed my mind :golfclap:

ngc au-58 for me also!!! (thumbs u

:roflmao: I was just givin ya a hard time my friend!

I would have gone MS60 on it with the first pictures. There is no detail on the breast feathers and no detail around the ear on the obverse. The digital camera made everything look a little better.Then it becomes MS61 on the basis of the pictures, however. the black spots bring it down to a MS60 and possibly an AU 58+.

I would have gone MS60 on it with the first pictures. There is no detail on the breast feathers and no detail around the ear on the obverse. The digital camera made everything look a little better.Then it becomes MS61 on the basis of the pictures, however. the black spots bring it down to a MS60 and possibly an AU 58+.

MS 60 is actually pretty hard to get.Most times MS 60 will be called either AU58 or MS62. I'm not really sure why. New Orleans minted coins have almost universally flat breast feathers in most dates.I read somewhere they changed the die heights to close further apart to cut down on wear and tear.