• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade of this Walker

15 posts in this topic

For all you Walker Lovers.

Guess the grade:

1936-d-walker.jpg

1936-d-walker-reverse.jpg

So there is not any confusion the coin is MS :/

I'll agree with Jason. Very nice!!

I have to go with MS-62. I'm not a fan of that type of toning that is on the highpoints, rather than in the fields. It gives a "reverse cameo" type of appearance that seldom harmonizes with most of the other coins in a given collection. It's also been my experience that the grading services tend to knock a point for that type of grading. All that being said, it's quite a tough coin in the "long short set"!

Even with the scratches (magnified greatly by the images) and the less than desirable color, I'm going to guess MS65. If it's graded lower than MS64 I'll be very surprised, and if it's graded the MS62 that James gave it, I'm going to take a long break from "guess the grade threads". :o

;)

I picked this coin up 2 months ago cheap from Heritage with the intention of selling in on EBAy for a quick profit. After seeing it and talking with a couple of people about the coin I changed my mind and decided to keep it .

82644.jpg.3f93cdc3bfc2b53fb21b440240ccaafb.jpg

BAH!!!!!!! :o

OK, no more guess-the-grade threads for me, unless I'm the one asking for guesses :insane: ....

:)

James I know you are kidding , right ?? :)

Please keep posting .

I was going to guess an NGC 64 or a PCGS 65..the coin ranks 9th out of 19 in the pop reports for MS64 & 65 coins..usually well struck and good luster..

My personal tastes would have been to buy at 64 prices or pass...not quite my taste with the toning ( although the luster still pops out ) and a bit weak on the eagle's breast with a long series of marks from the breast to beak and tip of left wing...( plus those little, long pin scratches drive me nuts !!)

OK, no more guess-the-grade threads for me, unless I'm the one asking for guesses :insane: ....

Please keep posting .

Yeah, you just like to see me keep being wrong all the time lol !!!!!!!!!

It's interesting, but in the smaller image of the whole slab, the coin does look somewhat nicer than in the larger image.

Please keep posting .

Yeah, you just like to see me keep being wrong all the time lol !!!!!!!!!

It's interesting, but in the smaller image of the whole slab, the coin does look somewhat nicer than in the larger image.

Smaller image was a different camera with different lighting . Also the small image as you know will hide a lot . I will post some copper just for you next week !! :cool: