• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to buy a 1919 D Walker in MS 64

2 posts in this topic

Mike----- First, I guess that I could say that the 1919D has a notoriously weak strike. Look for the following:

1----Decent thumb and finger separation. You might have trouble finding one.

2----Decent head detail. Again, this is tough to find----even close to being decent.

3---Good center feather detail on the Eagle's center chest. Again, mighty tough to find.

4----- Are there any "original skinned" coins left?? You need to be quite good looking at the surfaces of the coin----especially in the open field right above the motto. There is where a good Walker person makes his decision on a coin---for there is where one will know for sure about that particular coin's degree of originality.

Naturally, I could go "on and on" but, if you find a coin that meets the above criteria, then the money can be spent. You are in an area where there is only about a hundred coins left in any regard. Of that hundred or so---probably not a third of them will meet those standards---if that. Bob