• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoW! I'm so tickled! Thanks, NGC for Best Presentation Type Set for 2008

77 posts in this topic

best_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gif

I don't know when this happened but I just noticed it! You guys really added to an already great day.

Today is YunYun and I's first year wedding anniversary!

:)

I was secretly kind of hoping for the award because I have dedicate many years to the set and lots of time and effort in keeping the registry set presentable.

best_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gifbest_presented2008.gif

71693.jpg.b77ed60a4c48fa05ee3c68700532b4d2.jpg

Plus, it is the king's birthday! Hence the reason that I chose to get married on this day. Really!

elvis_presley_on_stage.jpg

Congrats man! Great job! and congrats to physicsfan3.14! That takes work guys!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

So, I imagine Jason one an award for his Frankies? Cool. :cool:

(ahem, and the wife is a looker, too. :blush:)

Not to mention that I'm a fine figure of a man! :grin:

Thanks, guys and NGC! I love you, man! <3

So, I imagine Jason one an award for his Frankies? Cool. :cool:

He did indeed. You should both be proud. I'm going to have to spend some time giving each set the good long look it deserves later.

(oh, BTW, It "happened" today, 1/08/09, at 5:00 PM ET)

EZ_E - Vic's Picks – USA Type Set, Including Modern Issues

A USA type set is an ambitious undertaking, and this collection is well on its way to completion. The coins are all in desirable grades, the early pieces being nice circulated examples, while the more recent coins are uniformly Mint State or Proof. What is particularly appealing about this collection is that its owner has provided not only complete numismatic information about each coin, but he has revealed its provenance, as well.

I am really flattered. Well, we're off for dinner. I told my wife that we'd leave 37 minutes ago until I discovered this honor and got side tracked. :grin:

I am really flattered. Well, we're off for dinner. I told my wife that we'd leave 37 minutes ago until I discovered this honor and got side tracked. :grin:

Have a good anniversary. May there be many happy returns. (thumbs u

fireworks3.jpg

I can't think of a more deserving person than yourself Victor. Congrat's on the award and also on your one year anniversary!! :applause:

I have seen much of this type set first hand. There are still some coins burned into my brain like it was only yesterday. That 2 cent piece... and the 3 Cent ... OMG

Well, we're back. Restaurants are limited in Tonopah so we actually decided to eat at McDonalds. :o 25th is what, diamonds? So an American 1st anniversary is understandably McDonalds! :grin:

Well, we're back. Restaurants are limited in Tonopah so we actually decided to eat at McDonalds. :o 25th is what, diamonds? So an American 1st anniversary is understandably McDonalds! :grin:

You guys have a nice Mexican food place there. That is if it is still there from 2 years ago. Congrats to both. :)

True: El Marques. As a Texan, however, I'm shocked that you liked it! I was immersed in the Hispanic culture for 15 years of my life so I know good Hispanic food. Heck, yo hablo Español even! But I avoid that place which caters to gringos. Plus, it is much overpriced. However, when I lived here in '04-'05 it did provide me with a couple of Hispanic girlfriends so I reckon that I am indebted to the place. :grin:

Oh, Jason, you dog! I noticed that you ranked #1 in the category and I followed as #2. lol Congrats, bud!

One of the best parts of any "Best Presentation" set is always the PICTURES! :whistle: EZ is definitely and accomplished coin photographer.

Lots of my pics are pure, dumb luck. But most of the truly impressive pictures are from the man who posted right before your post: Bruce Lee. That man has more of the knack than luck like I have. (worship)

But thank you for the compliment. I wholly agree with you! A set is worthless to the public w/o pics. That has always been my top goal in my presentation, not to slack in this area.

Bill Jones well deserved the award last year because he well understands this concept!

True: El Marques. As a Texan, however, I'm shocked that you liked it! I was immersed in the Hispanic culture for 15 years of my life so I know good Hispanic food. Heck, yo hablo Español even! But I avoid that place which caters to gringos. Plus, it is much overpriced. However, when I lived here in '04-'05 it did provide me with a couple of Hispanic girlfriends so I reckon that I am indebted to the place. :grin:

Oh, Jason, you dog! I noticed that you ranked #1 in the category and I followed as #2. lol Congrats, bud!

After coming from Seattle... it was a welcome site. It was not great by any means, but it filled the taste pretty good. :)

I can't think of a more deserving person than yourself Victor. Congrat's on the award and also on your one year anniversary!! :applause:

As you peruse this set, notice all of the coins that came from Lee. Lots of 'em. Plus, 3 exceptional coins came from TomB. Mark Feld has been my dealer of choice for many years. Always a solid figure in the industry. And, I owe more to NY Michael than to anyone! He has been my mentor for 6 years and has aided me from the days of buying on The Coin Vault to the present. And, most of all, I owe the NGC coin boards and its participants more of a debt than I can ever repay. Thank you for tolerating my humor, my highs and my lows. My life is undeniably enriched because of each and every one of you. Thanks. <3

Heya Vic, congrats on the set. I've enjoyed perusing your collection on a couple of occasions. Keep up the great work cuz my wife won't let me spend like yours does! :)

Congrats Victor, your set is outstanding, and I can't think of a more deserving collector to be rewarded for his energy, enthusiasm and love for the hobby!

Hehe. Thanks. About time I placed first in something. Seems like every competition I always come in second. ;)

You know, I think that the least appreciated aspect of my set and one of the most time consuming is to get the darn astericks (*) to line up and be uniform. :P

1795 HALF CENT

You know, I think that the least appreciated aspect of my set and one of the most time consuming is to get the darn astericks (*) to line up and be uniform. :P

1795 HALF CENT

I know what you mean, and I feel your pain. I want the mintage figures to all line up properly (in the entry for 1952D) but I just can't get it to work.

I would give your wife an NGC Star , however I have to say it looks like you have altered surfaces and artificial toning :signfunny:

Can't argue that but I haven't spent any time in a tanning booth, obviously. ;)