• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seated Dimes!

18 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The following Seated Liberty Dime sets are ready to use:

1837-60 Legend on Reverse

1860-91 Legend on Obverse

1837-91 Complete

The proof set 1858-91 will come later.

I just looked over some of the weights..... Are these figures set in stone, or are you up for some suggestions? Im curious how you got the weights. On some of the coins it looks like you went by price and not rarity? IE 1846 weight vs 1844.

Im pretty sure Gerry and another fellow I got to know via seated dimes, Mike Atkins will be listing their sets over there rather soon.

Taro,

While Gerry does have a complete set, I believe a few are raw as well as a few in ANACS slabs. I believe the majority is in NGC & PCGS holders.

I only wish Jim would slab his set and put it on the NGC registry. There is a guy right now who is #1 w/ some IMPRESSIVE coins, IE 1872-cc in AU50. Jim's set would blow his outta the water, IE 1872-cc MS63ish, not to mention other key dates in MS. Either way, the person at #1 right now has an AMAZING set. I would only ask him why he went AU58 on almost all the common date coins?Yeah, it is basically a perfect matched set.

Sean-

I also added my small collection of seated dimes. While typing cert#, I noticed I hadn't looked at them for quite a while blush.gif

Nothing special in my set( I don't even know if I can call it a set), but they are still pretty.

I'll restart collecting them as soon as I finish my seated half dimes set....I mean in 10 years, maybe smile.gif

G.M Chow also has a very nice set of seated half dimes.

Here's the link

Taro,

Your set of half dimes is impressive. 38-O in 62, 42-O in 64, 44-O in 64 shocked.gif , 49-O in 64. One nice set.. Got some pictures of some of the highlights? BTW, did you get my email w/ Osburns catalouge?

Sean

Sean-neither of my coins you mentioned above is PQ...not that impressive.

Although the holder has changed, I believe this is the 1838-o I got at ANA show. I think it's V-2

And thank you for your help about Mr.Osburn's catalouge. I'll check may e-mail after I get back home.

Taro,

Your 1845 is stunning... Not AT by any mean! smile.gif Benson coin? You 1837 looks nice, 1842. I like the description on the 1847, lol! The 55-O is nice as well. Nice looking set, photo quality is pretty dang good as well!

Sean

The reason why I'm afraid 1845 is AT is because I had a chance to ask one of the top dealer in U.S to look it in person and his opinion was AT...I like the coin anyway. And no, it's not Benson.

The 1842 looks much better in person. I'm afraid Mr. Feld will get mad at me to see the pic wink.gif

And as for 1847, I DID ask the Heritage stuff before I bid on the coin and he replied "it has very pretty magenta toning on obverse" Can you believe that? mad.gif

By the way, I haven't recieved Mr.Osborns' catalog yet. If you are just too busy to busy to e-mail me, that's OK. But I'm afraid we have some sort of connection trouble.

Taro

Taro,

Heritage has told me the same thing, many times, and it turned out to be a UGLY coin. RE: Osburns catalouge... Ive sent it twice now. Let me try sending it from my hotmail account. I'll go do it right now.

Sean

Sean, I received catalog finally laugh.gif

Thanks for your effort.

I'm amazed at the quantity of seated material he has and varieties...WOW!!

I'll contact him if he can send pic if requested.

Thank you.

Taro

Taro,

I got Decembers list in my mailbox the other day. I will forward it along to you. You can also use me a a reference w/ . Ill send you the info tomorrow. PS- take a look at the 1802 half dime wink.gif. Its on my christmas list this year...hint....hint wink.gif

Sean, as I'm a buddhist in small eastern country and don't know much about Christmas, and as I can't write/read English well, so I'm afraid I didn't get exactly what you are talking, but I guess you are asking Santa Clause for that half dime, right?? Good luck!!!

wink.gif

cool.gif