Show me your Star Designation!
1 1

486 posts in this topic

<>

Here is a 47-D in 67*. Not as dramatic as the 47-P. MJ

1264351092-1.jpg

Some people would probably give you the "You $uck Award", but you deserve even worse, the coveted.................

[font:Comic Sans MS] You Schmuck Award [/font]

Chris

This belongs to Duane ATS. Pop 1/0 MS67*

1909MS67compSM.jpg

Now first off, I love that coin, but I think it's a point over-graded and should be a 66RB*, just feels like the jawline has either a tiny mark or two/should be cleaner IMO. Not that I wouldn't take it in a heartbeat!

Now first off, I love that coin, but I think it's a point over-graded and should be a 66RB*, just feels like the jawline has either a tiny mark or two/should be cleaner IMO. Not that I wouldn't take it in a heartbeat!

I'm in total agreement with you. I told Duane that it might even have had a 2 point bump because of the color. The reverse is fine, but the obverse definitely has a soft strike. The detail on the beard is almost gone.

I'm in total agreement with you. I told Duane that it might even have had a 2 point bump because of the color. The reverse is fine, but the obverse definitely has a soft strike. The detail on the beard is almost gone.

Not to mention that fabulous die crack on the right shoulder.... (thumbs u

I pulled this NGC graded 1886 variety 2 PF65BN* from my original thread. I decided to return it and keep it in my Photobucket files indefinately. This is the only star designation I own. In the coins I collect it is rare that NGC would give a star designation. I have truly loved seeing all the different coin denominations with their gorgeous toning and eye appeal.

1741984-011O1.jpg

1741984-011R1.jpg

WOW! 66*? First gut was 67 but I think the reverse is more 65ish so a 66 net...?????

64*.

BTW, happy one year anniversary at the NGC boards. :foryou:

Thanks! I can't believe that was only a 64!

I think NGC was much more lenient with the star designation in the early days of it's use. Here are some early stars I have.

JeffersonNickel1941NGCMS67Star12-9.jpg

JeffersonNickel1942-SNGCMS66Star-1.jpg

Don't know what they were thinking with the 42-S. :screwy:

I think NGC was much more lenient with the star designation in the early days of it's use. Here are some early stars I have.

JeffersonNickel1941NGCMS67Star12-9.jpg

JeffersonNickel1942-SNGCMS66Star-1.jpg

Don't know what they were thinking with the 42-S. :screwy:

It's * for white...I think that's what the W is??? Never seen that before.