• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your Star Designation!

486 posts in this topic

Some nice toners for sure......Whenever I want to show myself how insignificant my one rainbow toned Morgan is, I take a gander at Sunnywood's 1881 S in MS68. If you've never seen it, you will be in for a treat the first time you do.

JJ

Some nice toners for sure......Whenever I want to show myself how insignificant my one rainbow toned Morgan is, I take a gander at Sunnywood's 1881 S in MS68. If you've never seen it, you will be in for a treat the first time you do.

JJ

I have seen it in hand when Ron Sirna owned it........no words could describe that baby and it rightfully sold for a kings ransome (worship)

Shane,

I'm looking forward to seeing them. I think all the "stars" I have seen in this post HAS exceptional eye appeal. The Morgan you just posted on "Recent Acquisitions" has the most vibrant toning I have seen on a Morgan. Nicer than most of the "Battle Creek Collection".

Dean

The best of the battle creeks are better than that coin but I agree that a big chunk of those that got the star were sub par coins....I am happy with it for sure.

Here are my stars.....without the holder images since I don't have them all back yet....

MS64*

recent014-1.jpg

recent022.jpg

MS66*FBL

1958MintSet14069.jpg

1958MintSet14073.jpg

MS66*

1964024.jpg

1964026.jpg

MS66*

1964040.jpg

1964042.jpg

I don't know if it is the coin or your photography but I can see your 54' roosie in a "star" slab. Love the rim toning.

Dean :takeit:

First gold coin to show up here. It is a beauty also. Love the color and vitually free from contact marks. What did it grade?

Dean :applause:

All three are beauties. The 1957 25c is breathtaking. Your toned coins makes me sin----covet. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Dean (worship)

The nickel was hardest to photograph, as there's more colors around the periphery that didn't show up in the pics.

The 52-s quarter was purchased of ebay raw, with bad pics, at a very reasonable price. :devil::devil:

Sorry I meant 1952 quarter. I can see that the nickel has several different colors around the peripheral. Vey nice and definately worthy of the "Star".

Dean

The nickel was hardest to photograph, as there's more colors around the periphery that didn't show up in the pics.

The 52-s quarter was purchased of ebay raw, with bad pics, at a very reasonable price. :devil::devil:

Jon

That Jefferson is spectacular. A truly wonderful coin. Beautiful in every way. Couldn't be better. Now sell it to me! ;)