• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade-NGC mistake?

35 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. I wasn't talking about the die cracks.I like those. I was talking about the small chunk missing from the reverse at between 11 and 12 o'clock.

So, one person hit it. I really can't believe it myself.I've got better that graded 2-3 points less. Here is the slab.I would grade 63 at best. With the spots on the reverse? Ugh!! I gotta say this is about the worst 65(by NGC or PCGS) I've come across. The serial number dates is several+ years back.

Grading this coin MS-65 is HUGE disservice to coin buyers, and it’s a prime example of why CAC and the Blue Sheet exist. The 1921-S Morgan is scarce in TRUE MS-65 and above, and the Gray Sheet prices reflect that. The bid price jumps from $130 in MS-64 or $1,015 in MS-65! :o

The Blue Sheet prices show that there are more than a few of these over graded monsters around. The MS-65 Blue Sheet for PCGS and NGC is only $600.