• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1868 Noah Webster High School Dictionary Explains Alot *big pics*
1 1

8 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, James Leo said:

Students do work hard near exams and they always want to pass with good marks. The Rushmyessay is a place where you can get every possible books or writing service you need.

...and any good teacher/professor knows how to detect ghost-written material...and also how to assign an "F" to the paper.

:)

20 hours ago, RWB said:

...and any good teacher/professor knows how to detect ghost-written material...and also how to assign an "F" to the paper.

:)

Don’t forget the academic misconduct report! This is the least enjoyable part of the job, but it is essential to maintain the university's integrity. I’ve processed some whoppers lately. My favorites are the ones that argue to justify their misconduct. 

[Note:  As long as I have been outed by the eminent, ever so perspicacious @RWB as the simple chiffonnier I am, and am condemned to be, I thought I would put my skills to use on this remarkable loose thread.

Firstly, the chronology.  The fairly prolific OP, last heard from two years ago has/had racked up nearly 25,000 posts.

He joined us in 2006 and two years later posted this curious thread with supporting photographs eliciting comments from two other members before slipping into Rip Van Winkle dormancy for 13 years.

@RWB revived the obscure enough to avoid notice thread beginning in January of this year, with 3 other members following suit.  The replies run the gamut of reader expression, but rather than join sides I decided to investigate the matter on my own and what I found is some people are clueless, others hypersensitive -- GOD spelled backwards is DOG, but they would rather not be exposed to that fact -- and the vast majority apparently indifferent. (At various times it is interesting to note some dove deeper to find out what they could about the OP, as in Who IS this guy?)

I have a Webster's New World Dictionary - Second College Edition I acquired new 15 years ago to replace the earlier one I had worn out dating back to the 1970's.  I turned to the section pictured in the post and discovered much to my astonishment that there are 7 unbroken coin-related entries beginning with two accepted abbreviations for numismatic(s) followed immediately by num•skull. Now, whether the post was in poor taste, bad judgment, inadvisable, offensive or inappropriate can be discussed and debated, but that the actual dictionary listing apparently expanded over the years, remains an incontrovertible proven fact.

A lapse of judgment? Perhaps.  But as eBay is fond of reminding losing bidders, "Everybody deserves a second chance."