• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1943/2-P Jefferson Nickel Overdate

5 posts in this topic

I am confused as usual, but I notice that only the number one set in the Jeff War Nickel registry has the 1943/2-P over date included. Has this overdate coin always been in the set? I don't remember it in the set when I entered my set in the registry several years ago. Please advise.

However, maybe I just wasn't paying close attention as usual given my short attention span! Considering the low pops for the overdate, it certainly is a challenge to find a nice one to complete the set, especially in FS. Additionally, the score seems low for FS coins given that NGC has only certified a couple in MS64 and 65. Scores should be proportionately higher than non-FS coins with goemetrically higher populations.

Oldtimer3,

I've been searching for a nice NGC 66 FS of that coin for some time -

and although I didn't think it was a requirement for the NGC Registry

I still would like to have one.

Once I start a collection with a certain TPG's holder - I like to

continue with that TPG holder for the rest of the set. My Jeffersons

and my Franklins are exclusively NGC graded coins.

They are listed in the 1938-1964 Jefferson nickel short set now. Heritage has sold one in a recent auction. That was a PCGS 66FS as I recall. It hammered down for $2650. (with commission) recently.

Oldtimer3,

I've been searching for a nice NGC 66 FS of that coin for some time -

and although I didn't think it was a requirement for the NGC Registry

I still would like to have one.

Don't feel bad Elbesaar, I need to find an NGC MS66+ that has attractive rainbow toning in order to complete my rainbow war nickel set. I just hope that when it hits the market, it doesn't have FS or I am sure I will end up in a bidding war with everyone who needs one for their registry set.

Heritage has had a bidding war on every 1943/2 nickel in MS65/66 that they have sold for some time now. Maybe one listed to close at 10:00AM on Christmas could be bought reasonably. I have been trying to find one that I can afford. Even an ugly AU went down for almost $300.

DLRC has a MS65, 1943/2 listed for $840.00.