• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are they Duplications?

3 posts in this topic

If a Person is going to put their coins in a Registry and has a 2006W Silver Eagle graded and certified MS69 by NGC with a Brown label and also obtains a 2006W Silver Eagle but instead has the 20th Anniversary Label then can they both be entered in the same Registry and have the allotted points for each?

If a Person is going to put their coins in a Registry and has a 2006W Silver Eagle graded and certified MS69 by NGC with a Brown label and also obtains a 2006W Silver Eagle but instead has the 20th Anniversary Label then can they both be entered in the same Registry and have the allotted points for each?

Welcome

Each Registry set has a format of slots for individual coins. You may only enter one coin per slot. (thumbs u

Edited to add: I believe in this case you may choose between Early Release Eagle, 20th Anniversary Eagle, and the regular Eagle. Only one allowed per set.

Howdy, and welcome.

As Stanley notes, you'll have to select one or the other coin for inclusion in any particular Registry set.

However, you can enter both coins into the Registry and use each in separate sets (e.g. one in a Mint State Silver American Eagles set and the other in a Mint State Complete American Eagles set). Alternatively, you can enter both coins but choose to use only one in your sets. The other will remain assigned to you but dormant unless and until you elect to include it in a set (or unregister it).

When you have multiple registered coins eligible for a particular slot, the Registry user-interface provides a menu from which you can select the specific coin you want to use.

Finally, I believe (but am not certain) that your overall Registry point score will reflect only the highest of the scores among all registered coins of the same type (i.e. Silver Eagles of a particular year and mint mark, in your example). In other words, I believe only your best piece contributes to your overall score. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to clarify that issue further...

Best,

Beijim