0
  • entries
    62
  • comments
    80
  • views
    2,399

My largest Icelandic Submission to Date.

0
Iceman

616 views

Well For the past few months I have been pondering on sending in the Icelandic coins I have been collecting for the past 15 years from the Republic era from 1946 to 1970's and being that modern tier from 1955 to date is $5 dollars cheaper I decided to mail in 21 coins for grading....Mostly 5 Aurar's  and 1 Krona's with two 2 Kronurs and as well as four proof coins....Well off to the post office.   

0


12 Comments


Recommended Comments

I'm still sitting on my latest submission. It's time for me to get with the plan. I hope you will be happy with all your grades! Gary

Link to comment
5 hours ago, gherrmann44 said:

I'm still sitting on my latest submission. It's time for me to get with the plan. I hope you will be happy with all your grades! Gary

Thank you Gary....Well I have to thank.....(worship)   Uncle Sam for the help with that nice check he sent me a few weeks ago...:bigsmile: 

Good luck with your submission as well ....May the grading Gods be with you.

Link to comment

Please show us your highlights when your coins are returned.  I have one set of Icelandic coins and I hope to add to the collection someday. 

 

Link to comment
On 5/20/2020 at 4:41 AM, ColonialCoinsUK said:

Good luck with the grades - you seem to have an eye for quality in these coins!

Thank you.....I do believe I have a good eye for these coins since I have looked at so many of them I'm at the point were my eyes cant stand looking at them anymore.....O.o 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mokiechan said:

Please show us your highlights when your coins are returned.  I have one set of Icelandic coins and I hope to add to the collection someday. 

 

I will post the result of the submission when They are sent back and maybe I'll send in the rest of them 20-25 coins afterward. what coins to you have I would like to see some pictures of them if you have the time.

Link to comment
On 5/24/2020 at 3:24 PM, Jade Collection said:

iceman, when you get the submissions back please post pics!

Sure Thing Jade........:bigsmile:

Edited by Iceman
Link to comment

They received my submission Today ....WhooHoooo.....It only took 13 days to get there....3 to 5 days my AS*....(tsk)   

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Jade Collection said:

Well, were you happy with the grades? PICS!

I did not get my coins back from NGC.....They just got them yesterday ...It took U.S. Post Office 13 day to deliver my coins to NGC when it should have only taken 3 days to 5 days tops and I payed them $ 27.00 to mail them to NGC

Link to comment

Always found Iceland coins interesting. Their designs are very much what I envision Iceland life like when they minted them, harsh, rugged, barren, and to the point. Too bad so few people collect them. 

Here are a few unusual ones I've picked up over the years.

81726458.jpg

1957 Eyrir in PR66BN. The only example graded at either PCGS/NGC.

 

81726472.jpg

1963 5 Aurar in PR65 BN. Only 5 examples graded by PCGS/NGC with this the finest by a point.

 

81726457.jpg

1954 25 Aurar in PR66 Cameo. Only 3 examples graded at PCGS/NGC with this being the only Cameo. 

 

84343370.jpg

1962 2 Kronur in PR66. Nine total examples graded by PCGS/NGC. Usually found in impaired condition. Tied with 2 others for top pop. 

 

 

Link to comment
On 6/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, gmarguli said:

Always found Iceland coins interesting. Their designs are very much what I envision Iceland life like when they minted them, harsh, rugged, barren, and to the point. Too bad so few people collect them. 

Here are a few unusual ones I've picked up over the years.

81726458.jpg

1957 Eyrir in PR66BN. The only example graded at either PCGS/NGC.

 

81726472.jpg

1963 5 Aurar in PR65 BN. Only 5 examples graded by PCGS/NGC with this the finest by a point.

 

81726457.jpg

1954 25 Aurar in PR66 Cameo. Only 3 examples graded at PCGS/NGC with this being the only Cameo. 

 

84343370.jpg

1962 2 Kronur in PR66. Nine total examples graded by PCGS/NGC. Usually found in impaired condition. Tied with 2 others for top pop. 

 

 

They are great looking coins .....I have three of the 1962 2 Kronur in proof 66 and two others in 63 and 64. and the 58 5 Aurar in 63 RB as well as the 54 25 Aurar in 64 and one raw one which might grade a 65 cameo or up . I don't have any 1 Eyrir from the Republic era Do you still have the coins and if so I would be interested in buying all the 1 eyrir 5 Aurar and the 25 Aurar from you if your willing to sell them. But the 1957 1 eyrir and the 5 Aurar really caught my eye.... Please let me know

Edited by Iceman
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now