How to Submit Coins to NGC
Please follow these instructions for submitting your coins directly to NGC for grading and, if selected, NCS for conservation. By
following these instructions, you can prevent delays in processing your order. Submission forms are available online at NGCcoin.com
or in paper format upon request. If you have any questions about the completion of the submission form or would like to have
submission forms mailed to you, please contact NGC Customer Service at 1-800-NGC-COIN (642-2646) or 1-941-360-3990.
Preparing coins for submission
- Place raw coins up to 40.6 mm in diameter in 63.5 mm x 63.5 mm non-PVC plastic flips. Use larger flips for larger coins. Coins should insert easily into a flip.
Placing a coin into a flip that is too small may result in damage to the coin.
- Remove all plastic sleeves or any other packaging before placing a coin in a flip.
- Place only one coin in each flip and fold the other half of the flip. Label each flip with the submission number and the coin line number (e.g. 1234567-001).
- Do not cut, tape, staple or glue flips as they can damage the coins.
- Bulk submissions do not need to be submitted in non-PVC plastic flips. These may be submitted in original rolls or other packaging.
- Coins 4.5 mm to 9 mm thick (and have a diameter of 45 mm or less) require a Double Thick Holder. Submit coins requiring Double Thick Holders on a separate submission form.
- Any coin over 45 mm in diameter or over 9 mm in thickness requires an NGC Oversize Holder. Oversize coins must be submitted on a separate submission form.
COMPLETING THE SUBMISSION FORM
- Forms must be completed in English.
- Print all information clearly
- Use separate forms for each NCS Conservation Tier or NGC Grading Tier. Do not mix multiple NCS Conservation Tiers or multiple NGC Grading Tiers on the same form.
- Holdered coins must be submitted on a separate submission form.
- Sign and return any applicable consent forms on the back of the submission form cover sheet.
NGC HOLDER TYPES AND REQUIREMENTS
- There are three types of NGC holders.
- Submit coins for each holder type on a separate submission form (e.g. Do not mix coins for NGC Standard Holders with coins for NGC Double Thick Holders on the same submission form).
NGC STANDARD HOLDER
Coins up to 45 mm in diameter with a maximum thickness of 4.5 mm.
NGC DOUBLE THICK HOLDER
Coins up to 45 mm in diameter with a thickness of 4.6 mm to 9 mm.
NGC OVERSIZE HOLDER
Coins greater than 45 mm in diameter with a maximum thickness of 25 mm.
Packing coins for shipment
- Multiple submissions can be mailed in the same box and can be shipped back together upon request.
- Pack the coins in a well-secured, appropriately sized box with the submission form. We recommend packing a box within a box.
- Securely seal the package with reinforced shipping tape to prevent tampering en route. Any damaged, unsealed or poorly sealed packages will be rejected and returned by the shipper.
- Clearly write WK (for coins in the WalkThrough tier) or EX (for coins in the Express tier) on the outside of the shipping box. These boxes will be opened first.
Do use a flip that fits the coin. A coin should slide easily into the flip.
Do insert one raw coin per flip.
Do use the correct submission form — US, World or Ancient.
Do label flips or capsules with the submission / invoice number and line number.
Do not cut, tape, staple or glue flips.
Do not place capsules in flips.
Do not mix raw and holdered coins on one submission form.
For submissions of 100 or more coins, contact NGC Customer Service. Contact NGC Customer Service with any questions at 1-800-NGC-COIN (642-2646) or service@NGCcoin.com