Members with voting privileges are invited to submit nominations.
Nominations will be accepted beginning Dec. 1 for the 2011-13 American Numismatic Association Board of Governors election, ANA President Clifford Mishler has announced. The ANA is governed by a nine-member board that includes a president, vice president and seven governors at large. Because of incumbents’ expiring terms, all nine offices will be open.
The ANA’s federal charter, granted in perpetuity by the United States Congress, vests control of the Association in the hands of its Board of Governors. Those elected will be installed Aug. 20 at the ANA’s 120th Anniversary Convention in Chicago and will compose the Board for the following two years.
Members with voting privileges are invited to submit nominations to the ANA executive director, c/o BiggsKofford (the ANA’s designated audit firm), at the address below:
630 Southpointe Court, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Members should keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Only official nomination forms are accepted. They must be received no earlier than December 1, 2010, and no later than March 31, 2011.
- Nominees must be members who are entitled to hold office under Association bylaws.
- To be a candidate for office, a member must be nominated by at least five member clubs and five individual members, all in good standing.
- Nominators should include their ANA number to facilitate the recording of nominations.
- No nominee can accept a nomination for more than one office.
Official nomination forms can be obtained from the ANA Executive Office at 719-482-9838 or email@example.com; or by downloading forms and election-related bylaws at www.money.org (click on “ANA Board Election” under “Featured Links”).
The American Numismatic Association is a congressionally chartered nonprofit educational organization dedicated to encouraging people to study and collect money and related items. The ANA helps its members and the public discover and explore the world of money through its vast array of education and outreach programs, as well as its museum, library, publications, conventions and seminars. For more information, call 719-632-2646 or visit
This is a guest article. The thoughts and opinions in this piece are those of their author and are not necessarily the thoughts of the Certified Collectibles Group.