Select the black NGC Retro Holder with the Buffalo label when you submit your 2013 American Buffalo 1-ounce Gold Reverse Proof coins. **See Note About ANA Sales Below** The NGC Retro Holder promotion ends December 31, 2013.
ANA Sales Note: All Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo coins that are submitted to NGC at the Chicago ANA show will receive the special pedigree "CHICAGO ANA RELEASES." Regular Proof Gold Buffalo coins that are purchased at the Chicago ANA show and submitted to NGC at the show with the original purchase receipt will also receive the special pedigree "CHICAGO ANA RELEASES." Coins must be submitted to NGC at the ANA show to receive the pedigree.
The US Mint is releasing the 2013 American Buffalo One Ounce Gold Reverse Proof. This is the first Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo coin to be struck by the US Mint. The coin is on sale at the US Mint starting August 8, 2013.
NGC is offering our black Retro Holder and Buffalo label for this coin. Note: The NGC Retro Holder promotion ends December 31, 2013.
Or, choose the traditional NGC white holder with one of the following label options listed below.
NGC white holder label options:
- Early Releases® (Blue)
- First Releases® (Blue)
- NGC Standard (Brown)
Special instructions must be followed in order for coins to qualify.
- Remove the coins from the US Mint packaging and submit them raw in capsules. Do not send the Mint packaging.
- Select the Modern tier or higher and select Special Label/Releases. The 5-coin minimum applies.
- Submissions for the black Retro Holder and traditional white holder must be on separate submission forms.
- All coins that arrive at NGC during the Early Releases period will automatically be labeled as "Early Releases".
- To opt out of the Early or First Releases designations, write "No Early/First Releases" on the submission form.
- If you want Mint capsules returned, select “Return packaging” in the Services box on the submission form.
- ReHolders are accepted.
Black Retro Holder:
- The Buffalo label is the only label option for the Retro Holder.
- RETRO HOLDER must be clearly written on the submission form.
- Important: The black Retro holder with the Buffalo label will be available on any US Buffalo coin from 2006-2013, including the fractionals from 2008.
- If you prefer the white holder, write the selected label on the submission form: "NGC Buffalo label", "Early Releases (Blue) label", "First Releases (Blue) label" or "Standard (Brown) label".
Dealers and Elite Collectors Society members should contact NGC for bulk submission instructions and guidelines.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join as a Premium member, or upgrade to Premium membership, and you'll receive a coupon to have five coins graded for free. Join today.