NGC-graded World coins nearly swept the top spots in Heritage’s Chicago International Coin Fair (CICF) auction, held April 14-18 in Rosemont, IL.
Seven of the top 10 world coins sold (excluding group lots) were certified by NGC. The results were even more notable among the 50 highest grossing individual lots: 39 coins, or 78%, were NGC-graded.
The impressive showing by NGC coins in the CICF auction points both to the high regard for NGC’s world coin department as well the strength of the NGC guarantee, which is the most comprehensive of any grading company.
Chinese coins were well represented in the auction; the top dollar NGC coin was a 1914 L&M-828 Y-322 Chinese dollar, graded MS 67, which realized $51,750.
|China - Republic Dollar ND (1914)
NGC MS 67
click image to enlarge
Other NGC highlights include:
- China 1922 Hunan L&M-867 Y-404 Dollar MS 65 NGC - $51,750
- Brazil 1749R 3200 Reis MS 65 NGC - $46,000
- South Africa 1874 Fine Beard Pond XF 45 NGC - $40,888
- China 1903 L&M-2 5 Mace MS 63 NGC - $37,375
- China 1898 Shensi L&M-377 Kann-159 5 Cents SP 63 NGC - $37,375
- Spain 1810M RS De Vellon 320 Reales, Millenia Collection AU 55 NGC - $33,350
- Dominican Republic 1855 KM-Pn1var Silvered Copper 10 Reales PF 63 NGC - $29,900
- China (1898) Szechuan KM-Pn15 Brass AU 58 NGC - $29,900
- China 1911 L&M-32 Kann-225 MS 61 NGC - $29,900