GreatCollections Offering Dozens of In-demand NGC-certified GSA Morgan Dollars
Posted on 2/23/2022
Dozens of Morgan Dollars certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company™ (NGC®) and pedigreed to the famous GSA Hoard are being offered online by auction house GreatCollections. Online bidding for the lots, which is already underway, concludes on February 27, 2022.
The top lot is an 1883-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 67 DPL (lot 1108872). The coin is unsurpassed in the NGC Census for 1883-CC Morgan Dollars with the Deep Prooflike strike character. NGC certified the coin in its GSA holder and included a pedigree of GSA Hoard on its certification label.
|An 1883-CC Morgan Dollar graded MS 67 DPL and pedigreed to the GSA Hoard (lot 1108872).
Click images to enlarge.
Coins pedigreed to the GSA Hoard, which were sold by the US government in a series of sales that started nearly 50 years ago, are a popular segment of Morgan Dollar collecting. Interest in Morgan Dollars has reached new heights after the US Mint released new coins last year to celebrate the classic silver series, which was minted from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921.
Other NGC-graded Morgan Dollars pedigreed to the GSA Hoard that are being offered by GreatCollections include:
- an 1885-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 66 DPL (lot 1108873)
- an 1879-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 62 (lot 1118422)
- an 1879-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 64 (lot 995628)
- an 1891-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 63 (lot 995664)
- an 1890-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 61 (lot 1118415)
- an 1878-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 65 (lot 995679)
- an 1880/79-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 64 (lot 995809)
- an 1885-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 66 (lot 995775)
- an 1882-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 66+ (lot 1017409)
- an 1880-CC Morgan Dollar graded NGC MS 66 (lot 1017377)
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!