Exciting Vintage Brazilian Coins Certified by NGC Offered in Heritage Auctions Sale
Posted on 7/14/2021
Heritage Auctions is presenting a fascinating sale featuring a special selection of vintage Brazilian coins. Bidding for these rare coins, including nearly 200 that are certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®), is currently underway, with the sale concluding August 1, 2021.
Leading the sale is a Brazil 1827R 960 Reis Struck Over an (1808) Minas Gerais Countermarked 960 Reis. It was struck at the Rio de Janeiro mint during the reign of Pedro IV, who ruled Portugal from 1822 to 1831. During his reign, he founded and became the first ruler of the Empire of Brazil in 1822, becoming Pedro I. Graded NGC AU 58 (lot 99177), the coin has an estimate of $5,000 to $7,000.
|Brazil 1827R 960 Reis Struck Over an (1808) Minas Gerais Countermarked 960 Reis graded NGC AU 58
Click images to enlarge.
Other NGC-certified highlights in the sale include:
- a Brazil 1813M 640 Reis graded NGC AU 53 (lot 99092) with an estimate of $2,000 to $4,000
- a Brazil 1897 2,000 Reis graded NGC MS 64 (lot 99195) with an estimate of $2,000 to $3,000
- a Brazil 1816M 640 Reis graded NGC AU 50 (lot 99093) with an estimate of $2,000 to $3,000
- a Brazil 1823R 960 Reis “IGNO” graded NGC MS 62 (lot 99170) with an estimate of $2,000 to $3,000
- a Brazil 1826B 960 Reis graded NGC XF 45 (lot 99176) with an estimate of $1,500 to $2,000
- a Brazil 1820R 960 Reis Struck Over a British Honduras 6 Shillings/1 Penny graded NGC MS 63 (lot 99132) with an estimate of $2,000 to $3,000
- a Brazil 1863 10,000 Reis graded NGC AU 53 (lot 99187) with an estimate of $800 to $1,200
- a Brazil 1785R 6,400 Reis graded NGC AU 58 (lot 99053) with an estimate of $700 to $900
All estimates are provided by the auction house in US dollars.
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!