NGC Unveils Online Image Gallery of Stunning Rarities from the Paramount Collection
Posted on 7/6/2021
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) has created an online image gallery of coins from the Paramount Collection, a vast group of US, world and ancient coins of the highest caliber, all NGC-certified. View the high-resolution images of these amazing coins at NGCcoin.com/Paramount.
“The ambition and acumen required to assemble such a collection is extraordinary,” said Ben Wengel, NGC Senior Grading Finalizer of World Coins. “We are honored that NGC certification helped this collection realize $41.94 million at auction. Now we are proud to offer collectors worldwide a way to explore hundreds of coins that were part of this magnificent collection.”
Comprised mainly of large-format gold and trophy coins, the collection includes more than 500 coins from more than 100 countries, including the US. The collection was enthusiastically embraced by the numismatic community through Heritage Auctions sales in February and March 2021. Some of the highlights from the collection include:
- a 1907 Extremely High Relief, Lettered Edge $20 graded NGC PF 68 that realized $3.6 million
- an 1880 Coiled Hair Stella graded NGC PF 67 Cameo that realized $1.86 million
- a Great Britain 1937 Edward VIII 5 Sovereign Pattern graded NGC PF 67 Ultra Cameo that realized $2.28 million
- a France 1640A 8 Louis 8 d’Or graded NGC MS 61 that realized $456,000
- a Roman Empire, Magnentius (A.D. 350-353) Gold Medallion graded NGC Ancients MS★, 5/5 Strike, 3/5 Surface with Fine Style that realized $336,000
Explore images of these highlights and other rarities from the astounding Paramount Collection of World Coins at NGCcoin.com/Paramount.
To see the results of the Paramount Collection sales, click the links below:
- NGC-certified 1907 Extremely High Relief $20 Realizes an Astounding $3.6 Million in Paramount Collection Sale
- NGC-certified Edward VIII Gold 5 Sovereign Realizes $2.28 Million, Smashing the Record for a British Coin Sold at Auction
- More than 20 NGC-certified Coins from Continental Europe Realize Over $250,000 in Paramount Collection Sale
- Two Roman Empire Gold Medallions Certified by NGC Ancients Each Realize Over $300,000 in Paramount Collection Sale
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!