NGC-graded Mint Errors Featured in November Heritage Sale
Posted on 10/20/2020
Over 100 interesting error coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®) are featured in a Heritage Auctions sale being held November 6, 2020. Online bidding is already underway for The Don Bonser Collection of United States Errors Coins Part 1.
|Click images to enlarge.|
One fascinating coin featured in the auction is a 1976-S Jefferson Nickel Struck on a Cent Planchet graded NGC Mint Error PF 63 RD Ultra Cameo. In addition to being composed of the incorrect metal, the planchet was too small, resulting in part of the design being lost, including the top of the words IN GOD WE TRUST at the left side of the obverse.
Other highlights in the sale include:
- a 1974-D Eisenhower Dollar Struck on a Philippines Piso Planchet, graded NGC Mint Error MS 65
- a 1973-S Roosevelt Dime Struck on a Liberia Cent Planchet graded NGC Mint Error PF 64 RD Cameo
- a 1984-S Lincoln Cent Struck on a Dime Planchet graded NGC Mint Error PF 63 Cameo
- a 2000 Lincoln Cent Struck on a 2000-P Dime graded NGC Mint Error MS 68
- a Double Struck 1891 Indian Head Cent graded NGC Mint Error G 6 BN
- a 1905 Liberty Head Nickel Struck on a Foreign Planchet graded NGC Mint Error VF 30
- a Washington Quarter Struck Off-Center on a Nickel Planchet graded NGC Mint Error UNC Details
- a 1937 Buffalo Nickel Struck 10% Off-Center graded NGC Mint Error MS 64
- a 1968-D Kennedy Half Dollar with a Strikethrough Error graded NGC Mint Error MS 64
- a Triple-Struck Lincoln Cent graded NGC Mint Error MS 65 RB, with all three strikes off-center
NGC has industry-leading expertise in certifying mint errors like these. To learn more about mint errors, one of the most popular segments of numismatics, check out these Learn Grading articles:
Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free NGC eNewsletter today!