NGC WWI Coin & Medal Set Pedigree
Posted on 5/25/2018
NGC will attribute 2018 World War I Centennial Coin and Medal Sets with a special “WWI Coin & Medal Set” pedigree at no additional charge if they are received by NGC in the sealed US Mint shipping box. Qualifying coins and medals may also receive the popular Early Releases or First Releases designations (see submission instructions below).
These sets include a 2018-P World War I Centennial Proof Silver Dollar as well as a medal representing each of the five branches of the US military: Army, Navy, Air Service (forerunner of the Air Force), Marine Corps and Coast Guard. The sets were originally sold in January and February but were not shipped by the US Mint until recently.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC's popular Early Releases® and First Releases® designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releases here. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here. Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.
Due to the shipping date of these sets, NGC has established a cutoff date of Friday, June 22, 2018, for the Early Releases and First Releases designations. The Silver Dollar must be received in the sealed US Mint shipping box to receive the set designation and/or the Early Releases or First Releases designation.
- Submit the 2018 World War I Centennial Coin and Medal Set under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- The Standard Brown Label #377 (shown below) will be included by default for no additional fee:
- If Early Releases or First Releases is desired (+$10), select Early Releases or First Releases. If you want the Early Releases or First Releases label (shown below), write Blue Early Releases Label #378 or Blue First Releases Label #379 on your submission form:
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins and/or medals must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved Depository before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date. The coin must be received in the sealed US Mint shipping box to qualify for the Early Releases or First Releases designations. If Early Releases or First Releases is desired only for the medals, they do not need to be submitted in the sealed US Mint shipping box.
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. The fee is $5 plus the cost of shipping.
- Please note that NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.